Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by Chris__M on 26 Feb 2018
  • Admins: I figured this was probably the best place for this, but feel free to move it if you want to

For a while, I have been saying that the Pellet Grill market is limited in the UK. It certainly was when I was making my purchases, but it seems like, while I wasn't paying attention, things have gotten interesting.

The following grill manufacturers are now available from UK retail outlets (either online or brick-and-mortar). I'm not listing links, but just knowing a grill is available should make a search trivial.

Green Mountain Grills
    Cookshack/Fast Eddy's
    Traeger
    Louisiana Grills
    Rec Tec Grills
    Pit Boss

I think that is a pretty healthy market, it looks like it is a growing thing.

While I am posting, these are the pellets I know to be available here in the UK.

Green Mountain Grills
    Cookshack/Fast Eddy's
    Lumberjack
    Traeger
    Louisiana Grills
    CookinPellets

If I have missed anything that you know is available for retail in the UK (i.e. not involving the purchaser importing from the US), please let me know.
  • #2 by Chris__M on 26 Feb 2018
  • It's also interesting to see how the dealerships move around. The company that sold me my Traeger 8 years ago moved to selling GMG and Cookshack a good while back. Traeger appeared to be unrepresented in the UK for a couple of years, but are now carried by two different outlets, and have good availability. One of the two current Traeger outlets used to carry Louisiana instead, but that has now moved on to another company.

Having only recently seen CookinPellets mentioned here, I was pleased to see that they are being sold over here - this was what prompted the search that led to this post. Times change, they certainly do.
  • #3 by riverrat49 on 26 Feb 2018
  • I remember when Texas DIY was a big hit with their brick BBQ kits.  :rotf:
  • #4 by Chris__M on 26 Feb 2018
  • I remember when Texas DIY was a big hit with their brick BBQ kits.  :rotf:
    There was actually one of those in the garden of this house when I first bought the place. No actual grill, just the brickwork and a couple of rusty support rods holding it together.

It was swiftly knocked down and replaced with a Weber kettle (Shhhhhh! Don't tell!). The rest is history.
Pages:
Actions