Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by Bar-B-Lew on 02 Mar 2018
  • Anyone else dealing with the bomb cyclone today?  Very windy day.  Almost like the outskirts of a hurricane.
  • #2 by hokiepop on 02 Mar 2018
  • Yes the wind is reminding me of hurricanes that brush the coast of Virginia.  At least we don't have the snow the Northeast is getting!
  • #3 by Bentley on 02 Mar 2018
  • 35 mph sustained with gusts to 50mph...I had to go deep into the fields when I got home from fire department!
  • #4 by Bar-B-Lew on 02 Mar 2018
  • 35 mph sustained with gusts to 50mph...I had to go deep into the fields when I got home from fire department!

Same wind we have here...rained through the night and this morning and changed to snow around 11am.  Not much accumulation though.
  • #5 by wilpark on 02 Mar 2018
  • rough here in NY.  Rain, hail, snow and high winds knocking down trees.
  • #6 by Bar-B-Lew on 02 Mar 2018

My brother lives 5 miles away and has been out of power for a few hours.  Still going here.
  • #7 by wilpark on 02 Mar 2018

My brother lives 5 miles away and has been out of power for a few hours.  Still going here.
    It's funny.  My electric went out for a couple of minutes. Both had been fine all day. Maybe because they were fixing outages.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

• #8 by Bar-B-Lew on 02 Mar 2018
  • I've had some flickering and clocks knocked out.  Most of the important stuff like my computers and TVs I have on battery backups. ;D
  • #9 by wilpark on 02 Mar 2018
  • I've had some flickering and clocks knocked out.  Most of the important stuff like my computers and TVs I have on battery backups. ;D
    Smart man.

3 kids under 5 years sitting In the dark is zero fun.

Need to get a NG generator just in case.  Maybe backup solar batteries but the tech has not caught up yet.

• #10 by Bar-B-Lew on 02 Mar 2018
  • I should have done the whole home generator when I had the home built but there were too many other financial uncertainties that I cut it out of the plan. Monday morning quarterbacking, I should have left it in.
  • #11 by wilpark on 02 Mar 2018
  • It's Def a luxury to have. Unless electricity cuts out all the time even in moderate weather.  Is it really worth it to use it a few times every 2-3 years?

I'd rather have a new smoker for that money.  Definitely will get used more...except when the electricity cuts out.

• #12 by silverbullet on 03 Mar 2018
  • Weather has been pretty quiet here in Central Wisconsin. A couple years ago I bought a Honda EU1000 generator for the camper. I've used it once for the house when the power went out. If the power ever goes out for a few days, It will at least run the refrigerator and the pellet stove for heat, and a light.
  • #13 by Bar-B-Lew on 03 Mar 2018
  • My brother had 4 fridges going on his generator last night and this morning until his power came back on.  He had $1000 worth of meat for catering that he had to keep cold.
  • #14 by cookingjnj on 04 Mar 2018
  • High winds and lots of rain during the storm here in my part of NJ.  Wind gust hit 70 mph on Friday night.  Downed lines, trees etc.  We just got our power back about 30 minutes ago after being out yesterday and this morning.
Pages:
Actions