Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14   Go Down

Author Topic: Beef Prices Near You  (Read 10433 times)

reubenray

• Thinkin about Renouncing Charcoal.
  • Bella Vista, Arkansas
Re: Beef Prices Near You
« Reply #60 on: September 16, 2021, 07:57:43 PM »

While at Sam's Club I picked up some beef that has been marked down.  I guess they are not selling everything by the date required.  The chuck roast were marked down $1.18/lb and the bottom sirloin cut in strips were reduced $1.85/lb.  The sirloin strips has a lot of marbling, so I don't know how I will cook them yet.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2021, 08:23:19 PM by reubenray »
Traeger Junior, Smokin Brothers PP36 and 17" Blackstone Griddle

Bentley

• Administrator
  • Your at the point in life...one pit is enough...
  • Mayberry
« Reply #61 on: September 16, 2021, 10:10:39 PM »

I wish i could find these great deals!
"‘One who puts on his armor should not boast like one who takes it off.’”

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • You don't Drink the Kool-aid anymore.
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
« Reply #62 on: September 16, 2021, 10:42:39 PM »

I wish i could find these great deals!

He noted the discount he received per pound not the final cost per pound.  I think that mislead you.  If it were $1.18/# I would buy a new freezer and stock up.
MAK 2*, Memphis Elite, Traeger XL, Blaz'n Grand Slam, Pit Boss Copperhead 5, Weber Genesis II 435 SS, Sizzle Q SQ180

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • You don't Drink the Kool-aid anymore.
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
« Reply #63 on: September 18, 2021, 02:41:52 PM »

$5.98/# for brisket.  I didn't buy any
MAK 2*, Memphis Elite, Traeger XL, Blaz'n Grand Slam, Pit Boss Copperhead 5, Weber Genesis II 435 SS, Sizzle Q SQ180

yorkdude

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
  • Lake Elbo-Manhattan Kansas
« Reply #64 on: September 19, 2021, 05:57:48 AM »

Yesterday we visited our rancher friend to grab what we could, I spoke with him friday and had him set this aside for us. I hooked up with him a few years ago and he never dissapoints. We wanted to grab some steak cuts but by the time we got there he was out of virtually everything, he does “pop up” events at a couple locations each week. I called him after we left and asked him to set aside some rib eyes and filets for next weekend, he said the 3 places he set up at yesterday basically sold out. Elm Creek beef is his operation. It can be found on the www. Best beef short ribs I have ever had, tons of meat on them, that is 2 bones in the pic.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2021, 06:00:25 AM by yorkdude »

reubenray

• Bella Vista, Arkansas
« Reply #65 on: September 19, 2021, 07:15:02 AM »

Yesterday we visited our rancher friend to grab what we could, I spoke with him friday and had him set this aside for us. I hooked up with him a few years ago and he never dissapoints. We wanted to grab some steak cuts but by the time we got there he was out of virtually everything, he does “pop up” events at a couple locations each week. I called him after we left and asked him to set aside some rib eyes and filets for next weekend, he said the 3 places he set up at yesterday basically sold out. Elm Creek beef is his operation. It can be found on the www. Best beef short ribs I have ever had, tons of meat on them, that is 2 bones in the pic.

Their prices are cheaper than Sam's Club if it is Prime.  Their Prime Ribeye cost is the same cost as Sam's Choice cost.  They are about four hours away.  How thick are their ribeye's?  I use to buy a side of beef each year with my tax refund money many years ago.  I keep looking for a local rancher/butcher to do this again.  But as I got older I wanted to get a better grade of meat than what I did 40+ years ago.  I don't know if I could do this with a side or quarter of a beef or not.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2021, 07:31:26 AM by reubenray »

yorkdude

« Reply #66 on: September 19, 2021, 09:03:03 AM »

Their prices are cheaper than Sam's Club if it is Prime.  Their Prime Ribeye cost is the same cost as Sam's Choice cost.  They are about four hours away.  How thick are their ribeye's?  I use to buy a side of beef each year with my tax refund money many years ago.  I keep looking for a local rancher/butcher to do this again.  But as I got older I wanted to get a better grade of meat than what I did 40+ years ago.  I don't know if I could do this with a side or quarter of a beef or not.
I will happily hook you up with him, he is a great guy and I am sure he would do everything he could to make you happy, he is the real deal. Everything we have gotten from him has truly been very good. You can find him on “fakebook” and www. The filets are about 2” and the ribeye about 1.5”.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2021, 09:26:17 AM by yorkdude »

yorkdude

« Reply #67 on: September 19, 2021, 09:24:40 AM »

I forgot to say that once we couldn’t get steaks from Elm creek we looked at Sams for some. Should have snapped a few pics but no way would I pay what they were asking for ribeye and filets. Prime were $22.00 & $29.00 respectively, no thanks.

Bentley

• Administrator
  • Mayberry
« Reply #68 on: September 19, 2021, 02:10:18 PM »

That is a great price on the Skirt for Select, much less any higher grade.  My favorite cut for super high heat fajitas!

yorkdude

« Reply #69 on: September 19, 2021, 03:48:33 PM »

That is a great price on the Skirt for Select, much less any higher grade.  My favorite cut for super high heat fajitas!
That is the plan.
On a different note we are going to try braising the short ribs for a Korean style dinner that caught our eye. We ordered some gojuchang sauce (check spelling) and looking forward to at least a try, kinda sounds good.
I also am going to dry age another rib roast, trying to work on the timing, not sure if turkey day or Christmas but I really want to age a little longer this time. I don’t take notes and can’t find the thread but I kinda remember and quite honestly, it was incredible. I want to top it this time.

reubenray

• Bella Vista, Arkansas
« Reply #70 on: September 19, 2021, 04:11:11 PM »

I will happily hook you up with him, he is a great guy and I am sure he would do everything he could to make you happy, he is the real deal. Everything we have gotten from him has truly been very good. You can find him on “fakebook” and www. The filets are about 2” and the ribeye about 1.5”.

I may take you up on that.  I am thinking of getting a quarter section when I unfill my freezer some.  I need to research what quarter section (front or rear) that I would want to see what is in it. 

Bentley

• Administrator
  • Mayberry
« Reply #71 on: September 19, 2021, 04:11:48 PM »

https://pelletfan.com/index.php?topic=3321.msg40064#msg40064

I also am going to dry age another rib roast, trying to work on the timing, not sure if turkey day or Christmas but I really want to age a little longer this time. I don’t take notes and can’t find the thread but I kinda remember and quite honestly, it was incredible. I want to top it this time.

yorkdude

« Reply #72 on: September 19, 2021, 04:49:34 PM »

I may take you up on that.  I am thinking of getting a quarter section when I unfill my freezer some.  I need to research what quarter section (front or rear) that I would want to see what is in it.
We should try and get together if you want, we can possibly split a half etc. It truly is good stuff best I can tell.

JoeGrilling

• Digging the Pellet Smoke.
« Reply #73 on: September 21, 2021, 04:38:47 PM »

I swung by my local Costco in Livermore, CA on Friday.  The prime brisket price floored me....$5.99 per lb.
The bad news as of last Friday is Costco brisket prices are holding at $5.99 per lb. However, the good news is the selection is great.  There were more than 20 available. 

hughver

• University of Louisiana
« Reply #74 on: September 22, 2021, 12:24:22 PM »

$2.98 here for boneless chuck.
--Hugh -- Sun Lakes, AZ. Traeger Select W/SS4, BGE-L, Charbroil Inferred Gas, Smokey Mountain Vertical Gas
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14   Go Up