Pages:
Actions
  • #16 by cookingjnj on 28 Mar 2018
  • Awesome shanny. Keep us posted on delivery and setup.
  • #17 by Ross77 on 28 Mar 2018
  • I hope someone will test how low the smoker temp will go on the new controller with the Lo setting.  It would be great if the pit can go below 180.
  • #18 by sharpstick on 29 Mar 2018
  • Great to hear some folks are receiving their new RT 700s. Mine should ship next week they told me, cant wait.
    I also ordered the smoker box and the Comp cart. I cant wait to experiment with it. I better start looking for deals on meat...

Have a Grillin Good Day.

SS
  • #19 by ShannyBananny on 29 Mar 2018
  • I almost ordered the comp cart but my hubby said he would put better wheels on it.  We will be pushing it around on gravel so bigger wheels are definitely needed.  The comp cart looks so sharp though!
  • #20 by SmokeFan on 03 Apr 2018
  • Got mine all set up, here is the first cook...been a Traeger guy for 16 years. The RecTec seems way better built and the controller is awesome.
    here is a few pics. [ Invalid Attachment ]
  • #21 by ShannyBananny on 03 Apr 2018
  • Great pics, SmokeFan!  The controller looks amazing.  Congrats!

I'm still sitting here waiting for UPS to call me. ;)
  • #22 by Ross77 on 03 Apr 2018
  • Nice!  I like all that stainless steel.

Have you measured how low the temp goes on the Lo setting? 
  • #23 by SmokeFan on 03 Apr 2018
  • I will try that tonight and post back tomorrow for ya'll.
  • #24 by Hoosier Daddy on 03 Apr 2018
  • Congrats on a fine pit. 
  • #25 by SmokeFan on 03 Apr 2018
  • Thanks,
  • #26 by sharpstick on 03 Apr 2018
  • WOW, does that machine look good. I cant wait....
    Great looking ribs too.
     TICK TOCK TICK TOCK...
  • #27 by Jakester on 04 Apr 2018
  • That's a nice looking pit! Wonder how long does it take to get up to the hottest temp.
  • #28 by SmokeFan on 04 Apr 2018
  • Here is some pics of Lo temp / 200 Temp and Full. With Low temp the fan cycles on and off every 4 seconds or so to keep temp down.
    200 Temp seems to do the same once it reaches 200. high temp took approx 12 min to get from 250 to 496, it did get to 500 after 3 more minutes or so.
    did this to try the sear plates. Hope this helps.
    Note; Also when I opened the lid to wrap the ribs and after the ribs were wrapped and put back into the smoker, I went into the house and when I returned the fan was cycling and the temp was 272 it was set on 250. so I figure when I opened the lid the controller was trying to keep temp and when I closed the lid it over shot the temp and the cycling of the fan was to bring the temp back to 250. Which it did in 5 minutes.

So far this thing is flawless :clap: :clap:
  • #29 by Jakester on 04 Apr 2018
  • Sounds like it works RecTec nailed it pretty good on this smoker.
  • #30 by ShannyBananny on 04 Apr 2018
  • The new controller looks amazing!  So excited!
Pages:
Actions