Pages:
Actions
  • #16 by Bentley on 06 Mar 2018
  • I will just say this.  I took the photo off the Wal-mart site.  It shows the Pit Boss 5.5 cu. ft. Wood Fired Vertical Pellet Smoker.  On that same site, the manual say it is model#PBV5PW1 and that it is the 5-series.  It goes on to show it as 28 3/4" x 53" x 27", weight as 127lbs. and total cooking area as 1,513 sq.in. & 4 separate rack and temperature range of 150°-420°f.

OK...I think I finally see what W6YJ is referring to...The description on the Wal-mart site is different...Right!   

Pit Boss Vertical Pellet Smoker with digital controls and meat probe with LED read-out offers 5.5 cu ft of cooking capacity. The five porcelain coated cooking racks equals 1830 sq in of cooking area. Our new and innovative rear hopper with 50+ lb pellet capacity allows for 24 hours of smoking without having to add pellets. Comes complete with large viewing window, high temperature gasket door seal, and four casters. Completely digitally controlled with LED read out. Temperature range of 150 - 450 F. •5.5 cu ft cooking capacity

•Five porcelain coated cooking racks, or 1830 sq in cooking area.

•Fan forced convection cooking with auto start and shut off.
    •50+ lb rear load hopper with pellet purge system.
    •Temperature range 150 - 450 F.
    •Four rolling casters.
    •High temperature door seal.
    •Completely digitally controlled with LED read out and meat probe.
  • #17 by jgrayson on 06 Mar 2018
  • Has anybody found size dimensions of the assembled Copperhead units?  I'm looking at the location of the controller and wondering if you need to get on your hands and knees to adjust the temperature settings.

• #18 by W6YJ on 06 Mar 2018
  • Assembled sizes as listed in their respective manuals (W x H x D).

3 Series       21.75 x 52.75 x 25
    5 Series       28.75 x 53 x 27
    7 Series       28.75 x 57 x 27.75

Assuming the listed height includes the smoke chimney, the controller on the 7 Series is about 15 inches off the ground.

Ed
  • #19 by riverrat49 on 06 Mar 2018
  • Went to Walmart today to see the Copperhead unit in person, 60lb hopper was more than I expected and has a quick empty feature, would have been better to mount the controls on top but other than that it seems like a potential buy depending on how testing comes out.
  • #20 by Bar-B-Lew on 06 Mar 2018
  • Went to Walmart today to see the Copperhead unit in person, 60lb hopper was more than I expected and has a quick empty feature, would have been better to mount the controls on top but other than that it seems like a potential buy depending on how testing comes out.

well, if this is the model in the raffle, you may have a shot at a great deal
  • #21 by riverrat49 on 06 Mar 2018
  • I could have 9 of 10 tickets and still lose  :rotf:

Went to Walmart today to see the Copperhead unit in person, 60lb hopper was more than I expected and has a quick empty feature, would have been better to mount the controls on top but other than that it seems like a potential buy depending on how testing comes out.

well, if this is the model in the raffle, you may have a shot at a great deal
  • #22 by Bar-B-Lew on 06 Mar 2018
  • Kristin is there a deadline before the decision is made so we can move onto ticket price and # of tickets being sold?
  • #23 by Kristin Meredith on 06 Mar 2018
  • I would like to give this thread 3 days -- which I believe would be Thursday night -- so that folks who don't check in all the time have the chance to have a say.

If people want to start thinking about how the raffle would work, you all can post suggestions here.  At about 150 lbs from Culpeper, Va to Bremerton, Wash is about $200.  The unit is about $400.  So you are looking at a price around $600 to $650.  I don't think we can afford to entertain shipping to Canada and certainly not overseas.  I suppose if a Canadian member had a friend or family member in the US we could ship to that could be arranged.

But we will need to develop rules on:  price of ticket, how many someone could buy at one time, how many someone could buy overall, how long we will leave this contest open if all tickets don't sell out fairly quickly.
  • #24 by Bar-B-Lew on 06 Mar 2018
  • Need 35 people to put in $20 to get to $700 or 45 people to put in $15 to get to $675.

I am fine with the rules that were established for the Uuni.
  • #25 by Fire708 on 06 Mar 2018
  • So, that’s a nice looking smoker, very interested in seeing this preformance test.
  • #26 by Bar-B-Lew on 07 Mar 2018
  • Quite a few people interested in seeing the test.  How many are interested in $15-$20 raffle ticket?

I'm in!
  • #27 by reubenray on 07 Mar 2018
  • I'm in!

If I was the winner I would put this on a low box or container to get everything up higher.  I don't want to get on my knees to make adjustments to the settings or look at the food.
  • #28 by BigDave83 on 07 Mar 2018
  • I'm in for a ticket or 5

Did oyu have any issues with the pizza oven and the way it worked out? If not just do the same again.
  • #29 by Timbo1010 on 07 Mar 2018
  • I'm in
    This unit has peaked my interest I'm constantly dealing with capacity issues and a unbiased review is worth the price of admission
  • #30 by RobertG on 07 Mar 2018
  • I'm in. 
Pages:
Actions