Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by Kristin Meredith on 06 Mar 2018
  • Every day we have new members (although most still seem to be Russians -- today 18 of the 22 pending were Russians!).  I am truly perplexed about where everyone is coming from and how they hear about us.  I don't think we show up on a search engine if you enter "pellet forums" or some such thing, but I don't know how to use the internet very well.

I understood where the first couple hundred of members were coming from, they mostly came over from PH.  But I am really curious about the continued membership. Or maybe our current members are just very good at spreading the word?  So newer folks, how did you learn that we existed?
  • #2 by reubenray on 06 Mar 2018
  • I have recommended this website to two new pellet smoker owners and hopefully they will join.  I did this verbally.  They both should be from South Alabama.  They are both neighbors of mine.
  • #3 by Mudflap on 06 Mar 2018
  • I found it back when PH was off line by searching "what happened to PH" and I believe Pellet fan was top of the list.... :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

Mudflap
  • #4 by Ralphie on 06 Mar 2018
  • I guess the Cold War never ended.

After PH disappeared I continued my pursuit and research on which pellet grill to buy. Over the course of my various searches and googling, Pelletfan surfaced. I think it was because I targeted information that was specific enough to detect Pelletfan forums. IE: I was googling topics that I knew were previously addressed on PH. Many of those specific topics were on Pelletfan so they popped up on google.
    At that point it was clear that I found my people again.
  • #5 by Th3Batman86 on 06 Mar 2018
  • I was searching for RecTec's and found your forums showing up that way.
  • #6 by Canadian John on 06 Mar 2018
  •  Just kept searching Pelletsheads hoping it would come back. Than Pellet Fan came up -  relief/joy.
  • #7 by BandCollector on 06 Mar 2018
  • One of your members mentioned this sight on Smoking Meats Forums.  That is where I saw it.

John
    • BandCollector
  • #8 by Bentley on 06 Mar 2018
  • Actually they are sometimes Polish, or Brazilian or Danish...And those are just the countries that the IP shows...not really sure what their nationality is!  I guess they could be Chechen, or Yanomami, or Vikings or...

Every day we have new members (although most still seem to be Russians -- today 18 of the 22 pending were Russians!).
  • #9 by jgrayson on 06 Mar 2018
  • Back when I got my first Treager I was looking for more information on using it.  I did a web search and stumbled across PelletHeads.  The information was good, some of the content was amusing, and it was free to register.

A few months ago, I had to do the same search others mentioned when PelletHeads came undone and PelletFan started. 
  • #10 by Brushpopper on 06 Mar 2018
  • I found it back when PH was off line by searching "what happened to PH" and I believe Pellet fan was top of the list.... :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

Mudflap

Same here.  Clicked on the link and registered immediately.  Really enjoying the site and atmosphere!!   :clap: :clap:
  • #11 by silverbullet on 06 Mar 2018
  • I hadn't posted much in PH towards the end so I didn't know it folded until I got the invite from Bentley for the annual fantasy football league. This is a nice forum. Feel at home here.
  • #12 by Deebo1133 on 06 Mar 2018
  • It was mentioned on another forum. Great site you guys have here.
  • #13 by Plant175 on 06 Mar 2018
  • I try to post the website in every men’s bathroom around the world as I travel  :clap:
  • #14 by Kristin Meredith on 06 Mar 2018
  • I try to post the website in every men’s bathroom around the world as I travel  :clap:

Well, that explains the Russians and Poles and Danes.   :pig:
  • #15 by mrp116 on 06 Mar 2018
  • One of your members mentioned this sight on Smoking Meats Forums.  That is where I saw it.

John

That's how I heard about the site.
Pages:
Actions