Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by okie smokie on 06 Mar 2018
  • #2 by Canadian John on 06 Mar 2018
  •  Frog mats without holes.  No I have not tried them.
  • #3 by pmillen on 06 Mar 2018
  • On my pit the smoke flows from the top, past the meat and exits the pit.  If these work, they appear to be better suited for grilling on a flame zone than for smoking.
  • #4 by Bobitis on 06 Mar 2018
  • Call me skeptical...

• #5 by Bar-B-Lew on 06 Mar 2018
  • hey bobitis you are skeptical
  • #6 by okie smokie on 06 Mar 2018
  • On my pit the smoke flows from the top, past the meat and exits the pit.  If these work, they appear to be better suited for grilling on a flame zone than for smoking.
    They are clearly not to be used over an open flame!  Amazingly they produce grill marks on steaks and burgers , veggies etc.  Are ideally suited to the 350 to 400* range, so you can do chicken, shrimp, fish etc.  The FDA has placed the 500* temp limit on them, and they are known to be damaged at 620*.  (grill mats are not to be used above 450* as I recall).  So essentially, they are grill mats without holes as stated above. Easy to clean and store. 
  • #7 by Bobitis on 06 Mar 2018
  • hey bobitis you are skeptical

Why, yes. Yes I am!

I just can't buy into a metal impregnated flexible fiber mat for cooking. I'd use cast iron. 
  • #8 by pmillen on 06 Mar 2018

• I have something similar but it's a Teflon coated mat.  It's a kind of a flexible griddle.  It gets hotter where it touches the grates, so it makes grill marks.  I used it a couple of times on my gasser.
  • #9 by okie smokie on 07 Mar 2018

• I have something similar but it's a Teflon coated mat.  It's a kind of a flexible griddle.  It gets hotter where it touches the grates, so it makes grill marks.  I used it a couple of times on my gasser.
    I think it is the same. 
  • #10 by BigDave83 on 07 Mar 2018
  • I have the same thing, worked well on gas grill, I did sue mine on the pellet cooker for some shrimp and they worked to keep the shrimp from getting stuck to the grates
  • #11 by Brushpopper on 07 Mar 2018
  • I have some my young bride got off of Groupon that are solid and won't let any liquid through.  I've used them to do hamburger at 150 for an hour or two and no liquid is lost.  Then we make chili or spaghetti meat or whatever else we want with the meat.  Bonnie loves it with the smoke flavor.  Life is good for me at that point.  :cool:
  • #12 by MP09 on 08 Mar 2018
  • I've seen these before but haven't tried them but for the price I'm going to try them.
  • #13 by TLK on 08 Mar 2018
  • I bought them but haven't tried them out yet.  Still sitting in the package.
  • #14 by wyd on 21 Mar 2018
  • My parents have these and so does my brother.  I have used them when grilling on there Weber Genesis gas grill and they have worked great.  Easy clean up and I still get grill marks thru the mat.  Nice thing it keeps the flames away as well.  Not sure how they work on a pellet grill but on my parents gas grill I like them.
  • #15 by David on 22 Mar 2018
  • I have used them a few times when cooking a home made pizza with a very soft dough
Pages:
Actions