Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by old sarge on 07 Mar 2018
  • New member saying hello.  I am here out of curiosity and may someday get a pellet grill. I currently use an electric smoker, a gas grill, a weber kettle and a Lodge sportsman grill. Hoping to learn enough to convince me to get a pellet so I will be doing a lot pf reading and may even pose a question or two along the way.
  • #2 by old sarge on 07 Mar 2018
  • Welcome aboard, Sarge. If you're here, you're on your way to a pellet grill.
    And that is what worries me ;)
  • #3 by old sarge on 07 Mar 2018
  • Last station was Fort Huachuca.  I got hooked on the electric a few years back after thinking about it for a couple of years.  But tending the old offset was tiresome once I hit 60 and wanted something a lot simpler. No regrets though! So now I am looking and thinking again.  Someday that ingrown wild hair will rear it's ugly head and I will have another piece of gear on the patio.  Life and Q are both good!!!
  • #4 by TLK on 07 Mar 2018
  • Welcome from Ohio!
  • #5 by rwalters on 07 Mar 2018
  • Welcome to PH! So, maybe someday... hmmm, your gonna kick yourself when that day comes asking why you didn’t take the plunge sooner.  Just do it and thank us later ;)
  • #6 by ylr on 07 Mar 2018
  • Welcome from Ky! Just take your time, and read up; there's a pellet cooker for every budget. Me, I'm on the inexpensive end of the scale, but it still puts out really good grub!
  • #7 by Brushpopper on 07 Mar 2018
  • Keep an eye on your local Craigslist!!  I got my GMG Daniel Boone cheap!!
  • #8 by Michael_NW on 08 Mar 2018
  • Welcome, old sarge! You've picked a great place to learn!
  • #9 by DE on 08 Mar 2018
  • Welcome Good Man! Welcome!
  • #10 by triplebq on 08 Mar 2018
  • Welcome
  • #11 by riverrat49 on 08 Mar 2018
  • Welcome to the Forum
  • #12 by Canadian John on 08 Mar 2018

•  Welcome old sarge. You are cooking, just not with pellets. The day will come I hope when you give it a try.   ;)
  • #13 by cookingjnj on 08 Mar 2018
  • Welcome from NJ Sarge.  Thank you for your service!  You have come to a great place with really fantastic folks eager to help you learn and become a better cook with whatever cooker you use, although pellet grills are really the king around here, for good reason.  I was just like you.  I found a forum dedicated to pellet grills and read just about every posting from reviews to recipes.  Eventually that turned into research, which led me to my first pellet grill purchase.  Took me months to get there, and after using my cooker the very first time I said to myself....should have done this a long time ago!  Hope you find the site as enjoyable and useful as I know I do.
  • #14 by old sarge on 08 Mar 2018
  • Thanks all for the great welcome.  So much to read and learn.  And it is very enjoyable.
Pages:
Actions