Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by DE on 08 Mar 2018
  • I think what I like best is the unique way the heat flows through the pit (Up, over, and down ) with different temperature zones and the even temperature around the largest indirect zone, then down and out the bottom with the drip pan at the end of the path.
    And of course the fact that it has been performing great since June 2011 doesn't hurt either.

[ Invalid Attachment ]
  • #2 by rwalters on 08 Mar 2018
  • Ease of use, reliability, performance and most important... the results! :)
  • #3 by Conumdrum on 08 Mar 2018

Ditto!  4 years with mine, no complaints that mean anything.
  • #4 by Canadian John on 08 Mar 2018
  •  My Pro is so easily maintained vs my Traeger. No grease trough, bucket or need to remove the grates from the pit to access the burn pot. Even heat and very hi temps if required.. And easy on pellet usage.
  • #5 by wilpark on 08 Mar 2018
  • the food and ease
  • #6 by glitchy on 08 Mar 2018
  • The compliments from the food consumers :-)
  • #7 by ZCZ on 08 Mar 2018
  • Ability to do high heat searing (or pizza baking) and low and slow all in the same unit (Memphis Pro)

Z
  • #8 by cookingjnj on 08 Mar 2018
  • Man, I love the food that comes off my grill, and how it makes me look like I know what I am doing....hahaha.
  • #9 by silverbullet on 08 Mar 2018
  • What's not to like about your pellet grill? It does everything I want. From smoking to searing to making a nice breakfast, pizza's. I can't remember the last time we used the house oven!
  • #10 by okie smokie on 08 Mar 2018

This exactly!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Ditto!
  • #11 by pmillen on 08 Mar 2018
  • In 2012, after about a year of studying performance tests, I bought a Cookshack Fast Eddy PG500 because it provides–
    • the ability to adjust smoke production
    • the direct zone (not many others had one)
    • the two additional hotter zones in addition to the amazingly even smoking zone
    • the warming drawer
    • the pellet dump
    I discovered that I–
    • don't ever use the pellet dump because I just vacuum the pellets into their storage bucket (Home Depot Pellet Head vacuum lid)
    • don't grill in the direct zone because we prefer the taste of meat grilled over charcoal
    • don't use the two additional zones
    • don't use the warming drawer
    So, what I like best about the Cookshack Fast Eddy PG500 is the its smoke output flexibility.
  • #12 by GW208 on 08 Mar 2018
  • No flare up's!

We have 2 Weber bbq's, 1 gas and a small table top charcoal grill and you have to watch them constantly to keep the grease from catching fire and burning whatever is cooking. We were given an old Traeger last year and have cooked ribs, roast's and chicken and never have we had to worry about flare up's with it and everything comes out tasting so good.   
    • GW208
  • #13 by Timbo1010 on 09 Mar 2018
  • The food  :lick: the ease :clap::the slide out firepot  :cool:
  • #14 by Ralphie on 09 Mar 2018
  • My Pro is so easily maintained vs my Traeger. No grease trough, bucket or need to remove the grates from the pit to access the burn pot. Even heat and very hi temps if required.. And easy on pellet usage.

How do you manage the grease in the Pro?
  • #15 by dk117 on 09 Mar 2018
  • In 2012, after about a year of studying performance tests, I bought a Cookshack Fast Eddy PG500 because it provides–
    • the ability to adjust smoke production
    • the direct zone (not many others had one)
    • the two additional hotter zones in addition to the amazingly even smoking zone
    • the warming drawer
    • the pellet dump
    I discovered that I–
    • don't ever use the pellet dump because I just vacuum the pellets into their storage bucket (Home Depot Pellet Head vacuum lid)
    • don't grill in the direct zone because we prefer the taste of meat grilled over charcoal
    • don't use the two additional zones
    • don't use the warming drawer
    So, what I like best about the Cookshack Fast Eddy PG500 is the its smoke output flexibility.

This is the most honest post I've seen in a while.   I'm in the keep it simple group.   

DK
    • dk117
Pages:
Actions