Pages:
Actions
  • #151 by Kristin Meredith on 08 Jul 2018
  • It sure is great brisket!
  • #152 by Bentley on 08 Jul 2018
  • I simply forgot to before.  Once done in the SV and before the Memphis I seasoned with a touch of accent (1/2 tsp), seasoning salt (1tsp) and pickling salt (1tsp).  And finished with (2Tbs each Montreal & Black Pepper). I cubed it after the 2 hours at 200° in the Memphis.

Bentley,

Did you season before or after SV before cubing?  And if so, what did you use?
  • #153 by Bar-B-Lew on 08 Jul 2018
  • where are the pics of the finished product?
  • #154 by Bentley on 08 Jul 2018
  • The one in the pan is about what the finished looked like, I just got to board to take the time to caramelize them on the pit!
  • #155 by Bentley on 20 Feb 2020
  • Well I was cooking the 2nd FrankenRoast and I hear this high pitched whine.  Thought the dishwasher was askew.  But, alas, Chefman II also bit the dust.  Coming in here to see when they sent out the replacement, I wont even bother with warranty!  What I will do is post this so other have some data on this unit and start looking for a more reliable unit.  Will try and finish in the Slow Cooker.  I have no idea what went wrong with it.  In the 23 months I have had it I don't think I used it more then 15 times, that is the worst part!

For $60 I was able to see that I do like some things cooked this way, so I am off to look for some deal and reviews!

I had to send them a form, and photos.  My replacement is to be here within 14 business day, which would be by April 12.  2 cooks interrupted and away we go!

• #156 by Bar-B-Lew on 20 Feb 2020
  • If you are going to use it frequently, buy an Anova.  You can get them for about $100 sometimes, but they also have several that cost 2x-5x more.  It is also significantly quieter than the Chefman.  I bought one on the same deal that you did.  I don't remember the last time I used it though because I have been using the Anova the last 5 times or so.
  • #157 by Bentley on 20 Feb 2020
  • I just took it outside and beat the life out of it to see if that type of repair might work, it did not!

I see I only paid $49 + shipping, so that made me even happier.  I see Anova has one on Amazon for like $90, so will look at that!
  • #158 by Bar-B-Lew on 20 Feb 2020
  • I got this one for $70 on Amazon Prime day in July 2018.  They have a newer version out now as everyone has to come out with a new version once a year for everything it seems.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01HHWSV1S/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
  • #159 by BigDave83 on 20 Feb 2020
  • I have an older anova and a gramercy kitchen circulator. I find I use my sous vide supreme far more, it makes no noise, I have it on the counter all the time and just leave water in it as i use it at least once a week. Down side is capacity, no doing briskets or butts in it. When I do ribs I cut in half and bag separately.

I have an older version of this, hold 10L I think. I got it on a factory deal offer they sent out in an email it was less than half of the new model, I have had it for 4 or 5 years maybe a bit longer.

I also am a cheap screw, if not for the deal I probably would not have one, just like many of the things I have I found a deal that I liked.

https://sousvidesupreme.com/products/sousvide-supreme-touch-plus

• #160 by Bar-B-Lew on 20 Feb 2020
  • I got a little 8 quart one at Sam's a year or so ago too for about $100.  I think I only used it once or twice so far.  I should probably use it more frequently to warm up portions that I froze of different meats.  Much smaller capacity than yours, but was enough to do a tri-tip cut in half and put into two separate bags when I did use it one of the times.  I think I did a rib roast cut in two another time.

Pages:
Actions