Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: RecTec is growing  (Read 2618 times)

Hoosier Daddy

• Using less gas.
Re: RecTec is growing
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2018, 05:16:52 PM »

Rec Tec does not seem to have a big following here on this forum.  I'm surprised by this because they obviously have a very good product and customer service.  They must be doing something right!!

Dan

I will be much more active in the Rec Tec threads as soon as my Rec Tec Stampede gets here in May(ish)!

I read your posts and I'm encouraged by your satisfaction with the 680.  Do you have pictures of any of your cooks you can share?

As a matter of fact.....I'm heading to Sam's Club tomorrow to get me a full packer brisket to smoke all night Friday and during day Saturday.  I will post pics of the cook.  We're supposed to have a "wintery mix" weather wise Saturday so be a good day to smoke ;)

Rec Tec 680 Weber 26" Kettle WSM

Ralphie

• Thinkin about Renouncing Charcoal.
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2018, 09:07:49 AM »

Rec Tec does not seem to have a big following here on this forum.  I'm surprised by this because they obviously have a very good product and customer service.  They must be doing something right!!

Dan

I will be much more active in the Rec Tec threads as soon as my Rec Tec Stampede gets here in May(ish)!

I read your posts and I'm encouraged by your satisfaction with the 680.  Do you have pictures of any of your cooks you can share?

As a matter of fact.....I'm heading to Sam's Club tomorrow to get me a full packer brisket to smoke all night Friday and during day Saturday.  I will post pics of the cook.  We're supposed to have a "wintery mix" weather wise Saturday so be a good day to smoke ;)

Can't argue with that!  Good luck.
Rec Tec Stampede RT-590  40 going on 13

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • You don't Drink the Kool-aid anymore.
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2018, 09:51:14 AM »

That is a good and very informative article.  That's an increase of 75% floor space.  IF their 2016 sales was $11M (low 8 figures) and each sale was $1000 then that's 11,000 grills.  I would think that is a very small market share so they have lots of growth potential.  With stainless steel, WIFI, and great customer support they should do well.  I'm sure that Traeger would like to see them go out of business.

That would be a lot of grills to sell in one year.  I don't think MAK and Memphis have sold that many in the history of their companies combined.
MAK 2*, Memphis Elite, Traeger XL, Blaz'n Grand Slam, Pit Boss Copperhead 5, Weber Genesis II 435 SS, Sizzle Q SQ180

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • You don't Drink the Kool-aid anymore.
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2018, 01:36:27 PM »

It looks like Rec Tec has targeted Traeger and GMG as their competition.  Both of them have dealer networks and move a lot of grills.  I just hope Rec Tec doesn't over extend because I want them to stay around in case I need parts.

That would likely mean they are selling a full shipping container every other day.  Good for them if that is the case.  Seems a bit high to me.
MAK 2*, Memphis Elite, Traeger XL, Blaz'n Grand Slam, Pit Boss Copperhead 5, Weber Genesis II 435 SS, Sizzle Q SQ180
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up