Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by WannaBsmokin on 10 Mar 2018
  • Doing baby backs using 2-1-1 - I HOPE!

Put brown sugar and rub last night, on the MAK at 250. Took 20 min to get to temp. Of course it's 30 with 15mph wind. Feels like 24. ???

Bone side down, will foil in a pan at 2 hr and will put a cup of apple juice in the bottom.

Any suggestions? This is my second attempt at ribs. First batch were a little over done according to the taste Queen.
  • #2 by rwalters on 10 Mar 2018
  • Everyone seems to have their preferred method. For me, I typically run my MAK at 210° the entire cook. I do not wrap the ribs. I cook on the upper grate (assuming I am not cooking more than 3 racks). I start spritzing at the 2 hour mark with 50/50 ACV/Apple Juice.  I spritz every 30-45 mins til done. Sometimes I glaze the last hour, sometimes I don’t. Baby backs usually take about 5 hours, and St Louis about 6-6.5.  They always turn out perfect for us.
  • #3 by Bar-B-Lew on 10 Mar 2018
  • 275 degrees for 3-3.5 hours...no extra work or supplies or cleaning
  • #4 by WannaBsmokin on 10 Mar 2018
  • So, the ribs decide when it's time to eat. 2 hrs @245. (Set for 250) then foil in pan with a cup or so of apple juice. Plan was 1 hr then remove and finish for 1 hr on racks. Not so much. They were bend ready and temp showed 195 or so.  Pulled, very lightly sauced in pan, back in the pit while the table was set, and whoa!!! Were they good. Best so far.

[ Invalid Attachment ]

• #5 by rwalters on 10 Mar 2018
  • YUM!!!
  • #6 by Bentley on 10 Mar 2018
  • Nicely done!
  • #7 by triplebq on 10 Mar 2018
  • Find the cooking method that works for you and go for it. Nicely done  :lick:
  • #8 by Sodaking27 on 11 Mar 2018
  • Looks great.
  • #9 by Michael_NW on 11 Mar 2018
  • Wonderful. I could live off those all week. Great ribs!
  • #10 by cookingjnj on 12 Mar 2018
  • Mmm ... Mmm ... Good.  Nicely done!
  • #11 by Canadian John on 12 Mar 2018
  •  Good for you! Looks good..If you are new at cooking ribs keep notes. There are variables such as rack weight, cook temp and duration, and seasonings..How to determine doneness is an other - that varies according to taste. Side/spares or back ribs... :D

• #12 by WannaBsmokin on 12 Mar 2018
  • Thanks all for the good words.

They were tender not quit fall off the bone with a bit of a bite. Those in the pic were the leftovers. Couldn't get a pic of the finished product, I was attacked coming in the door :clap: :clap: :clap:
    Add everyone's favorite "Moms" potato salad and we all had to put on the expanding pants :cool:
  • #13 by Goosehunter51 on 12 Mar 2018
  • Lucky kids, looks very tasty
Pages:
Actions