• #2 by rwalters on 12 Mar 2018
  • Oh my!!! Yes please :)
  • #3 by Bentley on 12 Mar 2018
  • Why the expanded over zone 1?
  • #4 by Canadian John on 12 Mar 2018
  •  DE, nice.   That is how I like mine.
  • #5 by DE on 12 Mar 2018
  • Why the expanded over zone 1?

Your speaking of the upper shelf itself or why I placed the steak there. Sorry, it’s been a long day of changing dirty diapers.
  • #6 by Bentley on 12 Mar 2018
  • Optical illusion I guess.  I thought the steaks on the expanded were on zone 1...
  • #7 by DMAXNAZ on 04 Apr 2018
  • What temp you cook them at? Did you sear in zone 1 and bring up to temp in zone 2?
  • #8 by DE on 04 Apr 2018
  • Used Zone 3 at 200 and then seared in zone 1 at 400.  with final zone 2 to get them to temp reading with my trusty Themopen, the fastest color they have which being blind colored and old, I can't remember what color it is. But it is the fastest! Answering this reminds me that when rearranging my freezer a while ago I had to move the other two I froze around to make room for,  get this... Six Prime briskets which I got for $1.77 per pound. Will have to thaw those to NY strips out so I can have them when I get back in town.

[ Invalid Attachment ]
  • #9 by DMAXNAZ on 04 Apr 2018
  • Brisket for days!
  • #10 by DE on 04 Apr 2018
  • AND DAYS, AND DAYS!  I vac pack em in 3 oz servings. Quick reheat in Micro or water. Enjoy the Goodness 4-6 times a week. (in small portions)
  • #11 by Bentley on 04 Apr 2018
  • Brisket 4 times a week...man, for me, that would be a living xxxx!
  • #12 by DE on 04 Apr 2018
  • LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT!
    ALL THE CHEESE IS COLD SMOKED CHEESE, IT'S GREAT, NO SAUCE CAUSE I QUIT SUGAR.

[ Invalid Attachment ]
     [ Invalid Attachment ]
     [ Invalid Attachment ]
     [ Invalid Attachment ]

Can't find my Quesadilla picture.

• #13 by rgold01 on 06 Apr 2018
  • thats awesome brisket
  • #14 by Jakester on 06 Apr 2018
  • Used Zone 3 at 200 and then seared in zone 1 at 400.  with final zone 2 to get them to temp reading with my trusty Themopen, the fastest color they have which being blind colored and old, I can't remember what color it is. But it is the fastest! Answering this reminds me that when rearranging my freezer a while ago I had to move the other two I froze around to make room for,  get this... Six Prime briskets which I got for $1.77 per pound. Will have to thaw those to NY strips out so I can have them when I get back in town.

[ Invalid Attachment ]

$1.77 per pound??? How in the world is that possible? I was at Costco yesterday to pick up some ribs and looked at brisket and it was $5.79 a pound. This in Southeastern PA.
  • #15 by Bar-B-Lew on 06 Apr 2018

[ Invalid Attachment ]

$1.77 per pound??? How in the world is that possible? I was at Costco yesterday to pick up some ribs and looked at brisket and it was $5.79 a pound. This in Southeastern PA.

Where at in PA?  I am 18078
Pages:
Actions