Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by silverbullet on 13 Mar 2018

• Was a bit upset after I bought my LG800 Elite that they don't make a hopper extension for it. Wasn't a deal breaker as I love the grill. I think Louisiana dropped the ball when they made this unit with a smaller hopper & no hopper extension. Folks at Louisiana were quick to point out that I wouldn't need one, (Then why do they make one for for everything else) I guess they are not familiar with overnight cooks in a cold Wisconsin winter.
    A Louisiana Dealer from South Dakota reached out to me, He also has a fab shop & have made their own custom Hopper extension for the LG800. I got it in the mail yesterday! I will sleep much better knowing I won't run out of pellets & they will stay dry!

• #2 by Kristin Meredith on 14 Mar 2018
  • Nice addition!!!!
  • #3 by Bentley on 14 Mar 2018
  • It holds about an additional 15lbs?
  • #4 by silverbullet on 14 Mar 2018
  • It holds about an additional 15lbs?

I'm guessing all of that. Its bigger than the hopper which holds 12 lbs. I'm a happy Guy!  :)
  • #5 by garysam on 07 Apr 2018
  • So when you are cooking at a low temp, it burns about one pound per hour. You only check your cook every 12 hours?
    • garysam
  • #6 by silverbullet on 09 Apr 2018
  • So when you are cooking at a low temp, it burns about one pound per hour. You only check your cook every 12 hours?

A lot depends on the ambient temps. I live in Central Wisconsin. When I do overnight cooks in the dead of winter I want to be sure I have enough pellets to finish the job without losing any sleep.
  • #7 by Medallion on 11 Apr 2018
  • If anyone inquires with the maker, I would be interested in a 2/3rd the height size, hopper extension.  About to the top of where the open lid is in other pics.  I saw another post where someone was going to reach out. If you learn anything or ask about a short version, please post.  Thanks.
  • #8 by nigilcv on 19 Apr 2018
  • I actually just ordered one from that company with those dimensions. They asked how big, and sent me a few pics of one they just fabricated, which is right around the height you were looking for. Should be at the house sometime next week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • #9 by okie smokie on 19 Apr 2018
  • I actually just ordered one from that company with those dimensions. They asked how big, and sent me a few pics of one they just fabricated, which is right around the height you were looking for. Should be at the house sometime next week.

Send a pic when you get it installed please. 
  • #10 by nigilcv on 19 May 2018
  • Finally arrived, fits perfectly! The cover still fits, looks funny but fits.

• #11 by okie smokie on 19 May 2018
  • Very fine!  How is the pit performing? 
  • #12 by nigilcv on 20 May 2018
  • Temps have held steady for slow cooks, once I went to lumberjack pellets the consumption went down a bit as well.

• #13 by Ross77 on 20 May 2018
  • Glad you were able to find an extension. Not sure why LG can’t just make the hoppers a little bigger to begin with.
  • #14 by wyd on 21 May 2018
  • Nice looking.  Looks total factory.  :cool:
  • #15 by Bentley on 21 May 2018
  • The fabricator does a very professional job!
Pages:
Actions