Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by MP09 on 01 Sep 2017
  • I would like to see a recipe site that gave temps, time etc. to guide us as we perfect are cooking on our pellet grill. Guidelines are so helpful from simple cooks to more elaborate cooks.
  • #2 by Kristin Meredith on 01 Sep 2017
  • That is what I was trying to accomplish with the "Here's How I Cook......" board.  A lot of folks are putting in details and step-by-step processes and even progressive pictures of their dish.  Have you looked through any of those?
  • #3 by Jcorwin818 on 02 Sep 2017
  • Just glancing through the recipes most of them have temps and times listed.  I think we should be careful on making topics too finite and we end up with too many topics too search through. 

I would like to see everyone post their location so we know where everyone is because different regions have different tastes.
  • #4 by MP09 on 02 Sep 2017
  • Thanks for direction. I will check it often...
  • #5 by ScottE on 09 Sep 2017
  • I think there's going to be a lot of confusion between "Recipe Section" and "Here's How I..." - indeed there's already some posts that could easily be in either section. Although I get the difference on the surface, it's a fine line and perhaps worth clearly describing the difference - and realize there's likely to be a fair bit of moderation in moving and keeping posts int the right place.
  • #6 by Kristin Meredith on 10 Sep 2017
  • I realize that folks may not get it at first and some may not get it at all and we might end up moving stuff around.  But recipes should be just that -- list of ingredients, basic instructions, maybe one picture.

The "Here's How I...." board was meant to have threads which are more along the lines of tutorials where they are multiple steps and folks might need some guidance on pit times and temps. Hopefully several pictures are posted showing the process and progress so folks can get a feel for the cook. Also a link from the tutorial to a recipe card in the recipe section could solve some redundancy.

But, at the end of the day, I am not too trouble if there is some over lap or if we have to move things around.
Pages:
Actions