Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by Sodaking27 on 05 Mar 2018
  • I want to replace the grill grate on my Traeger. Trying to decide between the stock porcelain coated or stainless steel. What are you thoughts?
  • #2 by RWhyman on 05 Mar 2018
  • Personally, if I were replacing grates in any grill, I would get them from the Grill Grate company. Google "Grillgrate"
    I don't think we're supposed to post links. I could be wrong as I've seen it done by others.
  • #3 by Sodaking27 on 05 Mar 2018
  • Personally, if I were replacing grates in any grill, I would get them from the Grill Grate company. Google "Grillgrate"
    I don't think we're supposed to post links. I could be wrong as I've seen it done by others.
    I have a set of grill grates for my Kamado grill. Not a big fan of them and they are a pain to clean.
  • #4 by cookingjnj on 05 Mar 2018
  • I have been partial to stainless steel due to ease of cleaning and general wear and tear.
  • #5 by glitchy on 05 Mar 2018
  • If you want to sear at all on a traeger consider at least partial GrillGrates. I use a set on my traeger and weber spirit and find them Grrrate  8)
  • #6 by Canadian John on 20 Mar 2018
  •  I bought a two piece Weber stainless grate for cheap a few years back. One of the grates had to be cut to make to reduce its width.  Easily done with a hacksaw and clean-up  with a file. About 3 " if I recall..Once seasoned, that took a few cooks, it was easy to clean. It was a Weber knock-off, not solid stainless, rather a steel core sleeved in stainless..I was disappointed at first with the sleeving. Turned out OK. Used it a few years , then passed The Lil Tex on to my daughter who is still using it..The larger diameter grate material held heat a bit better than the O E grate.
  • #7 by Sodaking27 on 20 Mar 2018
  • Ended up going with the stock Traeger replacement. Since I got 10 years out of the first one and got a great deal on the replacement.
  • #8 by okie smokie on 20 Mar 2018
    GrillGrates are primarily for  high heat and grilling steaks, chicken etc. 
    I would go for SS.  You can find many sizes on Amazon and eBay.  Should be able to find the right size.  I would prefer 1/4" bars or bigger and make sure they are 304.
    What are the dimensions of your current grates? :bbq:
  • #9 by dshaffes on 20 Mar 2018
  • For replacement, go with SS.
  • #10 by okie smokie on 21 Mar 2018
    GrillGrates are primarily for  high heat and grilling steaks, chicken etc. 
    I would go for SS.  You can find many sizes on Amazon and eBay.  Should be able to find the right size.  I would prefer 1/4" bars or bigger and make sure they are 304.
    What are the dimensions of your current grates? :bbq:
    1/4" ss heat up faster than the 3/8".  I have the 3/8" on my GS but wish I had gone with 1/4".  Also 1/4" are cheaper to buy.  304 are a must IMO
Pages:
Actions