Pit Talk -- Comments and Questions Regarding These Pellet Pits > Memphis

Pork Shoulder on the Elite

<< < (5/5)

Bar-B-Lew:
Went to a hockey game with a buddy on Saturday who was at the St Pat's party.  He was still raving about the pulled pork and said he had three plates of it at the party.  Ended up removing the fat on top of the liquid I retained and poured it in the roaster oven with the meat to keep it moist.  Had it on 350 degrees for an hour and then turned down to 200 for the rest of the day.  I vac sealed and froze the leftovers.  May be a good sous vide experiment for me to warm up.

pmillen:
I didn't forget about this post, Lew.  I tried it.  Here are my results–

•  10:00 … Into Masterbuilt Gravity smoker
•  Masterbuilt set at 275°.  (It ran at 276-278°, verified by Fireboard.)
•  3:00 … IT hit 160°, wrapped in 3-beer bath.
•  3:30 … Added charcoal.
•  5:45 … Done (≈8 hours).

Pretty darn good and certainly easy.  Thanks for posting it.

I think that my next butt (soon) will be a ≈16-hour, overnight and rest butt on the MAK 2-Star.  I may like it slightly better but it's hard to tell.

Bar-B-Lew:
Digging through the archives there, Paul.  Thanks for the resurrection.  Six years later, and that is basically my method of cooking pork shoulders.

pmillen:

--- Quote from: Bar-B-Lew on April 18, 2024, 08:46:26 PM ---Digging through the archives there, Paul.

--- End quote ---

Yes, but not aimlessly.  I maintain a list of recipes that I want to try.  Sometimes, one that I especially like will get transferred to the Best Recipes list.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version
Mobile View