Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by pdf256 on 18 Mar 2018
  • So I got the Uuni on Friday ( thanks Free Mr. Tony :clap: ), so of course it had to rain for the next two days.  ::)

I got it set up pretty quick and then gave it a try.

First of all, it gets HOT.  As you can see I burnt the first three quite a bit.

[ Invalid Attachment ]
     [ Invalid Attachment ]
     [ Invalid Attachment ]
     [ Invalid Attachment ]

The last one was a gluten free dough that did not rise as I cooked it.  Total cook time was under a minute for that one.

It was fun and I will see if I can do better next time.

• #2 by GW208 on 19 Mar 2018
  • Good job, that doesn't look bad at all for a first try. I think you're going to have a very quick learning curve.
    • GW208
  • #3 by yorkdude on 19 Mar 2018
  • Thanks for sharing, hope you have lots of fun with it.
  • #4 by Free Mr. Tony on 19 Mar 2018
  • Thanks for posting. Really hope you enjoy it.
  • #5 by Canadian John on 19 Mar 2018
  •  Best described as hot and fast. I'll bet the next go-around will be better. Thanks for the photos. :)
  • #6 by Bentley on 19 Mar 2018
  • #2 looks pretty good!  When did Wham-o start making peperoni?
  • #7 by MysticRhythms on 19 Mar 2018
  • I think you may be on to the secret with those small pizzas. Maybe that is the best way to handle the high heat and how fast you have to turn them.
  • #8 by Bentley on 20 Mar 2018
  • Ohh, I was not observant enough to notice the size differential between the peel and the pie, no wonder the peperoni or salami? look so big!  That is like a 4 biter, I wish I had thought of that!
  • #9 by pdf256 on 20 Mar 2018
  • I could not get the dough to roll out as thin as I wanted, so they ended up small.

On the first one, 1/3 of the cheese fell off onto the stone on my first try to transfer it off the peel.  At that high heat it burned off very fast. ::)
  • #10 by pdf256 on 20 Mar 2018
  • One more try this evening with EVOO and garlic.

[ Invalid Attachment ]

Total cook time of 45 seconds.
  • #11 by Bentley on 21 Mar 2018
  • You use what type of flour?
  • #12 by Kristin Meredith on 21 Mar 2018
  • Looks good!!
  • #13 by pdf256 on 21 Mar 2018
  • You use what type of flour?
    This was a pre-made dough that I got at Whole Foods.  I did not want the work of making the dough the first time I fired up the oven.  That last one was the left over dough from the first cook.

Looks like rain for the next few days, Saturday should be ok for the next try.
Pages:
Actions