Pages:
Actions
  • #16 by Flboy76 on 22 Mar 2018
  • when I seal and there is some juice, not a lot, I will put a rolled up paper towel on top of the meat and then seal, the paper towel will stop the juice from going into the seal.
  • #17 by okie smokie on 22 Mar 2018
  • when I seal and there is some juice, not a lot, I will put a rolled up paper towel on top of the meat and then seal, the paper towel will stop the juice from going into the seal.
    Good idea, but adds potential bacterial contamination.  I've done it but prefer instead to drain the meat well instead and leave some extra space on top of bag to reduce chances of the liquid reaching the seal area. I've noted that sometimes after a small leak, that the bag still seals well.  There is then a little juice to clean out of the vacuum trough.  Oh well, it is not brain surgery.   :2cents:
  • #18 by hughver on 23 Mar 2018
  • if you go to vacmaster website they have their pro110 on sale for46 buck free shipping. not sure what features you are looking for.

I have the Vacmaster Pro 350 and it works great. Bought it during a black Friday sale for $189.
Pages:
Actions