Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What can you tell me about this grill?  (Read 779 times)

GrillinGlen

• Starting to taste the Smoke.
  • Meridian, Idaho
What can you tell me about this grill?
« on: March 20, 2018, 10:55:57 AM »

A Louisiana C5450 showed up on CL for cheap, can anyone tell me about it? Couldn’t  find anything online.  Is that one of those non digital infinite speed controllers?  Hot rods available or difficult to change?  Any info would be appreciated
2011 SS Memphis Pro

Free Mr. Tony

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
  • Fort Wayne, Indiana
Re: What can you tell me about this grill?
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2018, 11:06:02 AM »

Is that supposed to be CS 450? Assuming so, that would be the North American made version of their grills. The controller could be the old version or the new digital. It depends on how old the grill was. Should be able to tell by the pics if there were any. I assume the hot rods are the same as the current ones. If anything you may need an adapter for the plug to the controller. There is a side panel that comes off with a few screws, and all the components are right there. Should be fairly easy, but I've never had to change mine. As long as the price is right and it's not the ancient paddle wheel style, go for it.

Free Mr. Tony

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
  • Fort Wayne, Indiana
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2018, 11:12:35 AM »

I think I found the listing on Craigslist. Says louisiana 700. Thats the LG version. You can also tell by the grate design I believe. It says it needs a new controller based on a hopper fire, but I'd probably still buy it for that.

silverbullet

• Digging the Pellet Smoke.
  • I thought my House was Child Proof then one got in
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2018, 08:10:53 PM »

If its not working & the ER1 code is showing its a good chance the its just the heat probe that's bad. Louisiana's are notorious for the probes burning out as a result of a fire because the location of the probe is in the center of the grills.

Stupid me I turned up my LG800 to high to burn off some grease after cooking 4 butts & had a fire which fried the heat probe. Louisiana sent me a new one at no cost and very specific instructions on how to install it. Was a good learning experience. Pretty simple to install. In fact I found this Louisiana to be easier to work on than my previous GMG JB & Traeger. Just make sure you have a nice screw gun. Lots of screws to remove. Louisiana's Customer service is right up there with the others I've owned.

In talking to a couple dealers the only difference between the CS & LG are the grates & barrels. The electronics for both come from China along with the barrels for the LG. The barrels for the CS come from Canada.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2018, 08:14:07 PM by silverbullet »
GMG DC Camp Chef WW24

Clonesmoker

• Digging the Pellet Smoke.
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2018, 08:28:17 AM »

If its not working & the ER1 code is showing its a good chance the its just the heat probe that's bad. Louisiana's are notorious for the probes burning out as a result of a fire because the location of the probe is in the center of the grills.

Stupid me I turned up my LG800 to high to burn off some grease after cooking 4 butts & had a fire which fried the heat probe. Louisiana sent me a new one at no cost and very specific instructions on how to install it. Was a good learning experience. Pretty simple to install. In fact I found this Louisiana to be easier to work on than my previous GMG JB & Traeger. Just make sure you have a nice screw gun. Lots of screws to remove. Louisiana's Customer service is right up there with the others I've owned.

In talking to a couple dealers the only difference between the CS & LG are the grates & barrels. The electronics for both come from China along with the barrels for the LG. The barrels for the CS come from Canada.

Hmm... Think I only took off four bolts, not screws, unplugged the connector and used a wrench to take my heat probe off my DB to replace. Seems like a sheet metal screw would strip out a lot easier than a bolt would. Just my experience.
Pages: [1]   Go Up