Pages:
Actions
  • #16 by GrillinGlen on 18 Jan 2018
  • My Pro came with a top rack but not the middle, I found a cheap porcelain coated one somewhere that fits nicely
  • #17 by old smoker on 22 Jan 2018
  • Thanks everyone. Just to clear I just got the Elite home I haven't used it yet.  The mods I did were on my Trager from what your replys
    I think I made a great buy. looking forward to my first cook but I think I will wait till it gets warmer. Thanks again Jim
  • #18 by ZCZ on 22 Jan 2018
  • Thanks everyone. Just to clear I just got the Elite home I haven't used it yet.  The mods I did were on my Trager from what your replys
    I think I made a great buy. looking forward to my first cook but I think I will wait till it gets warmer. Thanks again Jim

I think you will like it!  Good buy!
    Alan
  • #19 by old smoker on 11 Feb 2018
  • hey waskawood yes that is the one. I too could not make up my mind I was torn between the used elite and a new yoder. am really happy with my choice. it needs a little clean up and a probe but other than that just waiting for spring.
  • #20 by Bar-B-Lew on 11 Feb 2018
  • hey waskawood yes that is the one. I too could not make up my mind I was torn between the used elite and a new yoder. am really happy with my choice. it needs a little clean up and a probe but other than that just waiting for spring.

In my experience, I wouldn't waste my money buying a probe.  You are better off spending that money on some Thermoworks products.
  • #21 by waskawood on 11 Feb 2018
  • Enjoy your Elite Jim. I am envious.
  • #22 by GrillinGlen on 11 Feb 2018
  • I agree on the probe, all these years, never used it
  • #23 by Canadian John on 12 Feb 2018
  •  Not sure where the probe came into play.

THE PROBE: Is costly. Benefits are; can monitor internal temps with the advantage of having the pit automatically shut go to its lowest temperature setting when the set temp is reached.  The drawback is that it is 20º off in doing this  ..Temp wise it's right on.
Pages:
Actions