Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Sharing Going On Is Impressive  (Read 643 times)

Kristin Meredith

• Administrator
  • You are starting to smell like smoke.
The Sharing Going On Is Impressive
« on: September 02, 2017, 09:41:25 AM »

I have been reading virtually every thread every day.  I saw a post a while ago saying that a lot of experienced pellet pit owners and cooks seemed to have populated the site.  I agree whole heartedly with that assessment.  But I also have to comment on how impressed I am at the level of sharing of knowledge that is going on.

People are sharing tips and tricks on how to cook on pits and how to make certain recipes and sharing pics of terrific, fabulous cooks and presentations which could easily be entered in competitions.

I hope that this makes other folks feel free to ask questions about how to do something because I can guarantee that they are going to get wonderful responses from this generous, experienced crowd.

SmokinHandyman

• Thinkin about Renouncing Charcoal.
  • Springfield, Illinois
Re: The Sharing Going On Is Impressive
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2017, 02:27:18 PM »

:clap:
If you are gonna cook, Make it a fun day even when ya mess it up!                     Louisiana LG700

pmillen

• Global Moderator
  • This pistol is most fun for the buck
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2017, 06:36:37 PM »

I agree that we'll welcome new pellet pit owners and those who are researching them.  I am slightly troubled by our patois in our general comments.  We have our familiar jargon and acronyms that will be unfamiliar to someone who found us via an Internet search.

If I write, in my SS FE PG500 I use CYM as a rub base.  I pull at 195 IT and FTC, most of us will know what I mean but the casual visitor likely won't.

So here's a plea to be careful with our acronyms and jargon.  Keep the newbies in mind.

EDIT:  Added another acronym.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2017, 12:17:03 PM by pmillen »
Paul

MAK 2-Star – M Grills M-36 – Hunsaker Drum – Basic 36" Blackstone Griddle – PK Grill – Masterbuilt 1050 – Kamado Joe Big Joe w/FireBoard Drive & Blower

Quadman750

• Thinkin about Renouncing Charcoal.
  • North of the border
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2017, 06:53:53 PM »

Very good point, I remember when I was new to pellet cooking it took me a while to learn the shorthand versions. We also need to post the stuff we have read a thousand times before & have patience like foil or no foil. That is what brings the newbies to the site with a google search.
Memphis Elite Memphis Pro Vision Kamodo Weber Performer Deluxe

Kristin Meredith

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2017, 08:15:06 PM »

I also hope folks always feel free to ask.  There is so much I don't know and have never been shy on asking.  I don't text, so I never know all the capital letters and what they stand for so I just had to start asking.  Ignorance is simply the lack of knowledge and asking questions overcomes ignorance.

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • You don't Drink the Kool-aid anymore.
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2017, 08:48:36 PM »

I also hope folks always feel free to ask.  There is so much I don't know and have never been shy on asking.  I don't text, so I never know all the capital letters and what they stand for so I just had to start asking.  Ignorance is simply the lack of knowledge and asking questions overcomes ignorance.

But sometimes ignorance is bliss.
MAK 2*, Memphis Elite, Traeger XL, Blaz'n Grand Slam, Pit Boss Copperhead 5, Weber Genesis II 435 SS, Sizzle Q SQ180

Bentley

• Administrator
  • Your at the point in life...one pit is enough...
  • Mayberry
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2017, 11:03:11 PM »

Knowledge is Power
Question Authority
The Case of Bacon just arrived

Are 3 of my favorites...
"‘One who puts on his armor should not boast like one who takes it off.’”
Pages: [1]   Go Up