Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by Bentley on 28 Mar 2018

• #2 by jasonjax on 29 Mar 2018
  • I just did a little googling. They have a 7ft model too.

I must admit at the price point I am quite interested in Bentley's review being a FEC-100 owner.

Anyone know if the controller is a PID?
  • #3 by Bentley on 29 Mar 2018
  • And I have to say, I don't mind the time to assemble and even unassembled the unit.  But it is then getting the stuff back into the correct box and THEN getting that back into the container!  Sorry to be a downer!

This has to be the last one like this guys.  I just ain't gonna be up for anymore that require this much DISASSEMBLY and packing!
  • #4 by Free Mr. Tony on 29 Mar 2018
  • I just did a little googling. They have a 7ft model too.

I must admit at the price point I am quite interested in Bentley's review being a FEC-100 owner.

Anyone know if the controller is a PID?

Based on the look when I saw it at the store , it appeared to be timing based. Had the turn dial with 225, 250, 275, etc.
  • #5 by jasonjax on 29 Mar 2018
  • I don't think the temp setting controller is a direct reflection of if the temperature controller is a PID,/on/off, proportional etc.

I did do a little light searching, but the manual didn't seem to mention what time of controller it is.

PID is the most accurate form of temp control is why I'm asking.
  • #6 by Free Mr. Tony on 29 Mar 2018
  • I don't think the temp setting controller is a direct reflection of if the temperature controller is a PID,/on/off, proportional etc.

I did do a little light searching, but the manual didn't seem to mention what time of controller it is.

PID is the most accurate form of temp control is why I'm asking.

I was only guessing based on the look. Although it's possible to be PID with that look, I don't believe I have ever seen one that was. If they were going to go the PID, I would have thought they would have stuck the same controller in there as the louisiana grills have since they are owned by the same company. All just guessing though. I'm sure we will know soon enough.
  • #7 by jasonjax on 29 Mar 2018
  • Bentley is a saint among saints to be willing to put something together and take it back apart and attempt to put it into original packaging ... I couldn't do it (literally .. as in don't have the skills) :)
  • #8 by slaga on 29 Mar 2018
  • If you order it from Amazon / Pit Boss, they will "professionally" assemble it for $125.95. Here you are doing it for free, and then undoing it... :pig:
  • #9 by Bentley on 29 Mar 2018
  • The light skim I did after the assembly, no, it did not!

• #10 by Bentley on 29 Mar 2018
  • Right!

About 2 1/2 hours to assemble, but I was in a Get Bent shape of mind...so it probably would have been half that if I was trying harder!  I do suggest having a buddy with you when you assemble this thing!

• #11 by Bentley on 29 Mar 2018
  • Couple of things.  1st I see the shelfs are not uniform.  I need to determine if you lottery folks want then in a particular set up?

And since I get to be a bit more subjective with my comments on these product Reviews...I think this unit is going to be a Big Winner!

I think the folks who are looking for a low temperature smoker with a LOT of surface/grill area are really going to be drawn to this unit!
  • #12 by Bentley on 29 Mar 2018
  • The manual appears to make it sound like Smoke setting should be the lowest temperature, but I am not sure.  At 4:45 I turned it from Smoke to 150° controller setting just so folks will know on the graph.  I will run it at that temperature till I leave around 6:30 and then turn it back to Smoke.  I figured why turn it off, will let it run till I get home around 9pm and can print graph then. 

Wind has really pick up >10mph!

<Graph to Come>
  • #13 by slaga on 29 Mar 2018
  • This is making me anxious! :cool:
  • #14 by riverrat49 on 29 Mar 2018
  • Can’t seem to log in to Tappecue
  • #15 by Bentley on 29 Mar 2018
  • Smart device or trying to look at it on desk or laptop at tappecue.net?

Can’t seem to log in to Tappecue
Pages:
Actions