Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by sharpstick on 29 Mar 2018
  • Hello folks, just wanted to stop in and say hi. Joining you from Calgary, Ab and happy the weather is finally getting a bit nicer. With the amount of snow we have, I'm sure it will be May before its all gone. Anyways, been cooking on a Rec Tec 680 for 4 years, just ordered the new RT 700 and also have the GMG Davey Crockett for the RV.
    Looking forward to reading some great reviews, opinions and especially recipes and tips.
    Take care Yawl.

Have a Grillin Great Day.
    SS
  • #2 by cookingjnj on 29 Mar 2018
  • Welcome from a fellow 680 owner.  I hope you enjoy this site as much as we all do.  Enjoy!
  • #3 by pmillen on 29 Mar 2018
  • Welcome to the forum.  Love the rodeo.  Not as fond of the Flames (although everyone admired Lanny McDonald).   :)
  • #4 by Pat G on 29 Mar 2018
  • Welcome sharpstick.... from another newbie from NW Wa
  • #5 by okie smokie on 30 Mar 2018
  • Welcome sharpstick.  Hope you have many great years with your 700.  You have to make a snow tunnel to get to your pit? Send us some pics when you can.
  • #6 by riverrat49 on 30 Mar 2018
  • Welcome to Pellet Fan
  • #7 by Goosehunter51 on 30 Mar 2018
  • Welcome aboard
  • #8 by Canadian John on 30 Mar 2018

•  Welcome from an other Canadian in S. W. Ontario.
  • #9 by leppolite on 30 Mar 2018
  • Welcome from MN...recently got a 680 and loving it so far.
  • #10 by Michael_NW on 31 Mar 2018
  • Hey sharpstick, glad you're here!
  • #11 by sharpstick on 05 Apr 2018
  • Thanks for the welcome everyone. I'm still awaiting the arrival of the RT 700 but it did ship yesterday.
    Ive already found some great recipes and a few tips so this has been a great experience so far.
    One thing that stands out for me is the price difference on meat in the US and Canada. I read someone found brisket for $1.77/lb I think in Iowa... it was $25.00 for the whole brisket. I bought one recently and got a deal at $7.99/lb (regular $9.99/lb)
    Anyway, glad to be a member here and look forward to many great cooks, tips and tricks.

Take care,
    SS
  • #12 by triplebq on 05 Apr 2018
  • Welcome to the group
Pages:
Actions