Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by Kristin Meredith on 29 Mar 2018
  • I am not cooking anything for Easter -- at least not right now.  The uncles return from Florida on Saturday afternoon, so we are having everyone over for homemade split pea soup with ham biscuits on Saturday night.  At least worked some of that traditional ham into the Easter weekend!
  • #2 by dk117 on 29 Mar 2018
  • Had I been home, a ham probably.  We mistakenly booked spring break travel in January without checking the calendar.   Sure enough we'll be experiencing our first Spanish mass this weekend in Cabo San Lucas.    We've traveled for Christmas a few times, but never been away from family for Easter.   I figure it will be a memorable experience for the girls.  My oldest has been taking Spanish classes for three years. 

DK
    • dk117
  • #3 by okie smokie on 29 Mar 2018
  • Precooked spiral cut smoked ham (upper half) from Costco.  I will put it in a foil pan and put in the GS at 220 for about 2 hours, then will glaze and leave in smoker for another 30-45 minutes.  This gives me the finish and texture I want.  I find that most precooked hams are not done enough (except the canned Danish type). This method has worked like a charm for the past several years.  Great left overs for sammy's. Usually put a foil tent over it. 
    Happy Easter to All.  :lick:
  • #4 by cookingjnj on 29 Mar 2018
  • We will be spending Easter down with the family a few hours away.  As it stands right now, not looking like I will be cooking much for Easter, although when down at my mom's house, she usually finds something for my brother and I to cook.
  • #5 by Ross77 on 29 Mar 2018
  • I’m thinking about a lamb roast.
  • #6 by glitchy on 29 Mar 2018
  • Most likely, but I'm not sure what yet. I despise ham and I think it might be just the four of us on Sunday, so hopefully steaks or a small prime rib. Saturday might be a couple spatchcocked birds for the in-laws. Still waiting on the boss to inform me of the final plans so we can create the menu.
  • #7 by silverbullet on 29 Mar 2018
  • Since it will just be My bride & I'm thinking a couple Rib Eyes or I've got some really nice beef ribs in the freezer.
  • #8 by urnmor on 29 Mar 2018
  • I will be cooking a five bone in prime rib on the grill.  I will cook at 275 until it reaches medium rare.  I will use a simple rub of salt and freshly cracked pepper.
  • #9 by hokiepop on 29 Mar 2018
  • My son-in-law requested ribs so it will be baby back ribs.  I also want to put some 5 cheese Mac and cheese on the Memphis to see how that improves the flavor since I have never cooked Mac and cheese on a pellet grill.  I know, not very traditional for Easter but that's what the daughter and son-in-law want.
  • #10 by Th3Batman86 on 30 Mar 2018
  • I bought three racks of baby backs yesterday. Although due to weather I think I am going to be doing them on Saturday.
  • #11 by mowin on 30 Mar 2018
  • Double smoked ham.   :lick:.  Not a fan of spiral sliced ham, so a reg one it is.
  • #12 by Michael_NW on 31 Mar 2018
  • Just the usual ham . . . hopefully the usual delicious ham.
  • #13 by glitchy on 31 Mar 2018
  • So far for the weekend have kcbs banned pork sitting in fridge, 2 whole chickens, a 4.5# boneless rib roast and 4 bacon wrapped turkey tenderloins.
  • #14 by urnmor on 31 Mar 2018
  • a 4.5# boneless rib roast

Are you doing anything special to your rib roast
  • #15 by glitchy on 31 Mar 2018

• Are you doing anything special to your rib roast

This is only the third one I’ve ever cooked and the first was 15 years ago. I’m nervous about messing it up so was thinking pretty simple, but hadn’t decided on what to do yet. I think I only have 2-3 hours to cook it too.
Pages:
Actions