Pit Talk -- Comments and Questions Regarding These Pellet Pits > Memphis

Reverse Sear

(1/6) > >>

Quadman750:
How long do you Smoke for & at what temp or do you smoke to an internal temp. What temp do you set your Memphis at when you reverse sear? Or do you set to F1,F2 or F3. I have never reverse seared before so was wondering what method other Memphis users are using.

Bar-B-Lew:
I only do half the process.  I usually cook the steak on 250 on the Elite for about 45-60 minutes.

Bentley:
Don't like the process, so cant give you any help.

Quadman750:

--- Quote from: Bentley  on September 02, 2017, 03:29:00 PM ---Don't like the process, so cant give you any help.

--- End quote ---

Do you just cook your steak over your direct flame insert with high heat?

Bentley:
Mine was like one of the 1st Memphis Pro's...no inserts for my 2010 model.  But yes, I am a traditionalist and my ways/style die hard!  Set MP at 650°, 2 minutes flip and 45°, I do that 3 more times.  By then the steak is usually 105-110°.  I flip one last time, I stick the Maverick probe in the middle of the steak, I shut the pit off and in about 2-3 minutes the temp is 125° and it gets pulled...buy the time it gets to the table it has rested 3-4 minutes and it is 130-135° and I am golden!

Just a true seared steak cooked with hardwood!  You all with those inserts, that is sweet stuff, a true Hardwood Grilled Steak!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version
Mobile View