Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by Canadian John on 30 Mar 2018

•  With Spring cleaning in progress in some areas and about to be in others, I thought I might mention what I have found to be the best way to expel fines/dust from the auger and hopper. It consists of using my leaf blower. It is beyond belief how well this works.

If the whole pit is being cleaned, the blower does an excellent job on the inside as well. Just be prepared for a lot of flying debris.  ???
  • #2 by Conumdrum on 30 Mar 2018
  • That is an awesome idea! :clap:  Gets the dust out in spots I can't get to.  The Yoder auger is only about 6" and 3" is accessable.  I used my shop vac but your idea is better!
  • #3 by SmokinHandyman on 30 Mar 2018

•  With Spring cleaning in progress in some areas and about to be in others, I thought I might mention what I have found to be the best way to expel fines/dust from the auger and hopper. It consists of using my leaf blower. It is beyond belief how well this works.

If the whole pit is being cleaned, the blower does an excellent job on the inside as well. Just be prepared for a lot of flying debris.  ???

Yep, I do that also
  • #4 by silverbullet on 30 Mar 2018
  • The Auger on the Louisiana is so short I don't know if it matters. I have in the past on my GMG's run the auger dry of pellets & blown it out with an air compressor nozzle.
  • #5 by Darwin on 30 Mar 2018
  • I use the vacuum first then I switch to the leaf blower.  I was surprised at how much the vacuum did not suck up. 
  • #6 by cjs180 on 31 Mar 2018
  • I use a leaf blower as well. Works great.
  • #7 by MP09 on 01 Apr 2018
  • I use compressed air. I have a blowgun with a bendable nozzle that works great.
Pages:
Actions