Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by jgrayson on 02 Apr 2018
  • We just spent a week in the mountains of Vermont snowboarding and skiing.  On one of our afternoons my wife and I needed to rest our knees so we took the kids to one of the sugar maple farms. 

For Easter dinner we wanted to feature maple.  Dinner included pork loin, sweet potatoes, red cabbage, green beans, and Brussel sprouts.  Only the Brussel sprouts were not cooked with maple syrup. 

For the pork loin, we butterflied it and stuffed it with an apple/maple sausage stuffing.  We then tied it up with butcher twine, and covered it with a  maple rub.  Then onto the smoker at 180 for about an hour.

[ Invalid Attachment ]

Then I bumped the temperature to 250.  It then cooked for an additional 3.5 hours.  The internal temperature ranged from 155 to 160 depending on where I poked it with the thermapen.

[ Invalid Attachment ]

It was allowed to rest uncovered for about 10 minutes before we removed the twine, and sliced it for the family.

Trust me, it tasted as good as it looks.

[ Invalid Attachment ]
  • #2 by Bar-B-Lew on 02 Apr 2018
  • nice work
  • #3 by Ralphie on 02 Apr 2018
  • Great looking pork. Thanks for posting. I enjoy seeing food like this because I often get into a creativity rut.  I need to branch out from pulled pork, ribs, etc.
    How did you make the stuffing?
  • #4 by triplebq on 02 Apr 2018
  • Nicely done
  • #5 by old sarge on 02 Apr 2018
  • That tenderloin looks like a complete meal in itself.  Very nice. Thanks for sharing!
  • #6 by urnmor on 03 Apr 2018
  • Great looking pork loin.  Other then maple syrup did you add anything else to the maple syrup rub?
Pages:
Actions