Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: RecTec Comparison Chart  (Read 3837 times)

Ross77

• Thinkin about Renouncing Charcoal.
RecTec Comparison Chart
« on: April 02, 2018, 09:42:11 PM »

Interesting.  The Stampede is only 18g SS vs 14g on the 700.

I'm assuming the Bullseye is an error.  I don't think the cooking chamber is SS.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2018, 10:05:32 PM by Ross77 »
Rec Tec RT-680 Char-Broil Patio Bistro  MES: Sold WSM: Sold

Hoosier Daddy

• Using less gas.
Re: RecTec Comparison Chart
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2018, 09:23:40 AM »

Cool info.  Thanks for the post. 
Rec Tec 680 Weber 26" Kettle WSM

Th3Batman86

• Digging the Pellet Smoke.
  • I love Pellet Grills - Abraham Lincoln (Probably)
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2018, 11:53:02 AM »

Can confirm that the cooking chamber of the bulleseye is not stainless. Everything is porcelain coated metal inside and out including the grate. However, a weber grate drops right in so I know have a stainless grate in my bullseye. The lid on the hopper may be a very low grade stainless or just "silver" metal. 
LoneStar Grillz 42”, Blackstone Griddle, Pit Barrel Cooker, Meadow Creek TS250, Weber Summit Kamado, Gozney Dome,

ShannyBananny

• Using less gas.
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2018, 11:55:08 AM »

Thanks for sharing!  This confirms my decision to get the Bull vs. Stampede.
Rec Tec 700 Bull (ordered)
Rec Tec 300 Mini

Ross77

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2018, 12:16:08 PM »

They updated the chart to show that the Bullseye is porcelain steel. They also confirmed to me that the Stampede is 18G. I’m surprised it’s that thin. I wonder if it’s due to the non-rounded design.

grilltreats

• Starting to taste the Smoke.
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2018, 11:29:34 AM »

Although I do have measuring devices, I had a little trouble figuring out which of the two latest REC TEC grills I wanted based of my family size of two.  I went with the RT-700 (left) over the RT-590 just to be sure I had enough space for any kind of meat and vegetable combination cooking I may want to do.  I am sure the 590 would've been big enough, but I just couldn't get a good visual comparison.  If anyone else is having this dilemma, maybe this side-by-side comparison will help. 

One thing I learned after my order was that you really only have the drip tray space to cook over as the air space around the drip tray has much hotter heat coming up from those areas and may cook your food more than the area directly over the drip pan.

Kamado Joe 18" with CyberQ Wi-Fi controller
REC TEC RT-700 with front shelf and sear kit since 6/1/18
Bullseye since 4/6/19

Ross77

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2018, 11:31:21 AM »

That’s right and you don’t want bacon hanging over the drip try. That could lead to a grease fire.

Rider14

• Knows what a Pellet Is.
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2018, 12:59:01 PM »

Interesting - never realized that about the drip tray (first pellet smoker). How much space is there around the drip tray on the 590?

Is it more or less space around the edges than the 700? Curious.

-Dan

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • You don't Drink the Kool-aid anymore.
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2018, 01:21:30 PM »

I think the majority of pellet grills have the same issue with it being hotter on the edges not covered by the drip tray so it is not limited just to Rec Tec.
MAK 2*, Memphis Elite, Traeger XL, Blaz'n Grand Slam, Pit Boss Copperhead 5, Weber Genesis II 435 SS, Sizzle Q SQ180

TheFatTick

• Knows what a Pellet Is.
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2018, 03:11:56 PM »

Although I do have measuring devices, I had a little trouble figuring out which of the two latest REC TEC grills I wanted based of my family size of two.  I went with the RT-700 (left) over the RT-590 just to be sure I had enough space for any kind of meat and vegetable combination cooking I may want to do.  I am sure the 590 would've been big enough, but I just couldn't get a good visual comparison.  If anyone else is having this dilemma, maybe this side-by-side comparison will help. 
r

One thing I learned after my order was that you really only have the drip tray space to cook over as the air space around the drip tray has much hotter heat coming up from those areas and may cook your food more than the area directly over the drip pan.

Great comparison, very helpful. I was going back and forth between the two, and ordered the 700 yesterday on the fact that while most of the time I'm cooking for two, I do cook enough on weekends to get through the week, and at holidays and a few other weekends I end up being a go-to cook for large groups.

Thanks for the visual. Makes me happy with my direction.

grilltreats

• Starting to taste the Smoke.
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2018, 03:35:30 PM »

Thanks!  I am assuming that both have the Frog mats that ship with the optional bundles and are the same sizes.  I don't think you and I and others that chose the 700 over the 590 will have as much trouble keeping the food within the drip tray.  The size differences wasn't the only reason for my decision to go with the 700.  The thicker steel played a big role too along with the extended warranty.  Thinking ahead, and like Ross said, motors and electronics will likely be the biggest troubles we will face. 

There was only a $200 difference in my comparison of the grills and bundles including the mufflers for the 590 lol.  If I can save on buying a board or motor with the 4-year warranty difference, that will more than make up the difference in the initial cost.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2018, 03:44:08 PM by grilltreats »
Kamado Joe 18" with CyberQ Wi-Fi controller
REC TEC RT-700 with front shelf and sear kit since 6/1/18
Bullseye since 4/6/19
Pages: [1]   Go Up