Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by richnmib on 04 Apr 2018
  • Greetings all, I recently entered the pellet smoking world by buying a Traeger Junior.  I know they are not the most popular or liked brand of smoker but it does alright for me.  I still have and will use my trusty and faithful WSM,  but the pellet is nice.  Looking forward to learning here!
  • #2 by Mudflap on 04 Apr 2018
  • Welcome from the West coast. The Traeger will do just fine. If they didn't cook good we would not have all the other brands....

Mudflap
  • #3 by triplebq on 04 Apr 2018
  • Welcome to the group. Traeger is the most popular brand. A good friend of mine has one and loves it. Happy cooking.
  • #4 by Canadian John on 05 Apr 2018

•  Welcome richnmib... A lot of us started with a Traeger. You fit right in.  ;)
  • #5 by Flboy76 on 05 Apr 2018
  • Welcome from NE Fl, you'll learn a lot from this site.
  • #6 by Michael_NW on 08 Apr 2018
  • Welcome, richnmib. I started out on a Junior and it taught me a lot about pellet smoking and the things that are important to get a cook right. You'll do great!
  • #7 by cookingjnj on 09 Apr 2018
  • Welcome from NJ.  It is not about what pit you have, but what you do with it!!!  Enjoy and cook the heck out of it....of course sharing with us as you go!
  • #8 by richnmib on 10 Apr 2018
  • Thanks for the welcomes.   So far the Traeger has cooked 4 racks of baby back ribs, a pork loin roast, some kielbasa and a 7lb brisket.   It all came fantastic except for the brisket, but that was most likely my fault as I feel I didn't cook it long enough.  Next time it will be better.  My only issue is that the pellet hopper is the weak link at having only an 8lb capacity.  I did find a 10lb extension and that will be here tomorrow!
Pages:
Actions