Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by reubenray on 07 Apr 2018
  • I have been using two pair of insulated gloves for years, but they are wearing out.  I need to find something that is heat resistant and washable in the sink.  What I have will still work when handling meat, but my hands get hot when handling something like a pizza stone or rib rack.

All ideas are appreciated.
  • #2 by Bar-B-Lew on 07 Apr 2018
  • find a welding supply store and buy a pair of welding gloves they are much less expensive there
  • #3 by triplebq on 07 Apr 2018
  • You could try Harbor Freight for welding gloves
  • #4 by reubenray on 07 Apr 2018
  • I have a pair of welding gloves, but they are not washable.
  • #5 by Bar-B-Lew on 07 Apr 2018
  • I have a pair of welding gloves, but they are not washable.

You should see mine ;D

I don't handle food with them though only grill grates, drip pans, difuser plates, etc. and for very short periods of time.
  • #6 by Bentley on 07 Apr 2018
  • pmillen sent some gloves for me to do Product Reviews on.  One is the Beast, and they are washable.  Simply have not had time to do a Review yet.  Now that the Pit Boss Vertical is ending maybe I can at least try and get to them.  Have to figure out what to get hot.  They are washable, had to go take them out of the box to see that!

Some high max temperatures though.  Not sure when I am going to be picking up any 600°+ cooking item!

• #7 by LTS on 07 Apr 2018
  • I use gloves sold by Texas BBQ Rub rubber coated pvc glove things they work really good and you just wash your hands with the gloves on in the sink with soap and water when done

LTS
  • #8 by Bar-B-Lew on 07 Apr 2018
  • I use gloves sold by Texas BBQ Rub rubber coated pvc glove things they work really good and you just wash your hands with the gloves on in the sink with soap and water when done

LTS

I have a pair of Steve Raichlen one's like that too. 
  • #9 by Bentley on 07 Apr 2018
  • Also sent by pmillen.  Somewhat like my Black Knight gloves I have used for many years, but I believe these are a higher caliber product.  I took it to mean that rubenray wanted some that could be machine washed, maybe I am wrong.  Those beast gloves, not sure it would be appropriate to pull meat with, but they feel like they will by far have the most dexterity of any heat glove I have ever used!

• #10 by Smokechaser on 08 Apr 2018

LTS

+1
  • #11 by GW208 on 08 Apr 2018
  • I've been using a pair of these for years and they work great for handling hot stuff.

https://www.target.com/p/as-seen-on-tv-174-ove-glove-hot-surface-handler-white-blue/-/A-11031019

• GW208
  • #12 by reubenray on 08 Apr 2018
  • The rubber based gloves shown in the previous posts are what I am looking for.  I want to be able to wash them under the kitchen faucet with soap when I need to to.  But I would like them to be a little more heat resistant than what I currently have.  I have a blue pair that came with my oil-less turkey fryer and they are more flexible.  I also have a black pair that are more stiff, but they can take the heat a little more than the blue pair.  Both of these are starting to wear out.

I have several pairs of the cloth type, but I always have issues with getting them on or off in a hurry. 

The rubber gloves are needed for when I am pulling stuff off of the rotisserie.  I have hot metal plus messy hot meat at the same time.
  • #13 by leppolite on 08 Apr 2018
  • I have a pair of these and they work well, good up to around 400 they say. Silicone with a cloth liner, wont be as nimble as the cloth gloves but they work well and are fairly cheap.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01ETWDHIG/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
  • #14 by Osborn Cox on 08 Apr 2018
  • I have been using these Wells Lamont Insulated gloves for a few years, they have worked and held up great.     After I’m done with them I wear them and wash them in the sink just like I’m washing my hands.

https://www.fleetfarm.com/detail/wells-lamont-men-s-heavy-duty-pvc-gloves/0000000075492?Ntt=Wells%20lamont%20gloves
  • #15 by Bar-B-Lew on 08 Apr 2018
  • I have a pair of these and they work well, good up to around 400 they say. Silicone with a cloth liner, wont be as nimble as the cloth gloves but they work well and are fairly cheap.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01ETWDHIG/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I have a pair similar to that in outer design/grip that go partly up the wrist, but do not have a cloth liner.

I guess I have a few too many pair of gloves.  The stranger thing is that often times I use an old pot holder or shop rag to lift hot and/or dirty grill parts.
Pages:
Actions