Poll: I am 100% certain I am buying one of these units.

Yes.
- 7 (21.9%)
No.
- 25 (78.1%)

Total Members Voted: 29

Pages:
Actions
  • #16 by W6YJ on 09 Apr 2018
  • Congrats ruebenray.

And a big thanks to Bentley and Kristin for the thorough review.

Using raffles to fund product reviews seems to be working out great. Hope to see more in the future.

Ed
  • #17 by Bentley on 09 Apr 2018
  • You all are very welcome!  But what an interesting community that is willing to fund this stuff so all can have knowledge!
  • #18 by glitchy on 09 Apr 2018
  • You all are very welcome!  But what an interesting community that is willing to fund this stuff so all can have knowledge!

This concept might be a marriage saver for me. I won't have to buy every gadget to try myself.
  • #19 by GatorDave on 09 Apr 2018
  • Congratulations.
  • #20 by BigDave83 on 09 Apr 2018
  • Congratulations on the win, I will have to buy mine also.

What are we testing/reviewing next?
  • #21 by leppolite on 09 Apr 2018
  • Congrats on the win! Wife is interested in this unit so there is a chance I might end up with one...heh
  • #22 by silverbullet on 09 Apr 2018
  • Congrats!!!  :cool: :clap: :bbq:
  • #23 by Kristin Meredith on 09 Apr 2018
  • Congratulations on the win, I will have to buy mine also.

What are we testing/reviewing next?

We need to put the testing on a slow, low flame for a while.  We have a LOT of outside work that needs to be done.  We have about 3 to 4 cords of wood that needs to be split and stacked, another 3 to 4 cords that needs to be chopped down and processed, about 10 trees to plant and about the same number of shrubs.  Everything needs a new layer of mulch (and that is a bunch of mulch), need to spray glyphosate around a lot of places and by that time, mowing season will have started. We also need to string berry lines, transplant berry bushes and plant the veggie garden. Bent has also promised to help me in the Master Gardeners Pollinator Garden -- he needs to move gravel for me and we need to refresh pathways and spray.

There are also some product reviews, like gloves, that need to be done in and we have a Smoke Pro from Camp Chef that needs a performance evaluation.

So member funded reviews may be on hold for a while.  However, we would love to see some members step up and review some of the products (not pits) that you are using.  Also would like to see more member reviews of sauces, rubs and marinades.  A lot of you folks have good insight and talent and you should share your knowledge with the group.
  • #24 by reubenray on 09 Apr 2018
  • Bentley I want to thank you and Kristin for what I have won.  I never thought in a million years I would win this.  My neighborhood is all wanting to know when I will be smoking something for them to eat.  Please do not delete the thread where you was doing the testing.  I will have to reread this several times to figure what shelves to smoke what.
  • #25 by Kristin Meredith on 09 Apr 2018
  • Thank the membership -- it was you all's idea, you all decided what to purchase, you all funded this.  Has to be a very unique situation, fitting for a unique group of people!!!
  • #26 by Bobitis on 09 Apr 2018
  • I have been on the receiving end of giveaways on several sites. Fire arms, a pellet smoker, and misc. stuff. I normally forward on to another 'winner' as I got enough stuff as is. I give stuff away when I can as it's always come back to me in other ways that I can't explain. Karma, I guess. Not that I expect anything in return.

This example fits quite well in my philosophy.  We had a LOT of members contribute with the hope of winning, and NONE of them were dissatisfied with the outcome. Everyone wins! As far as I'm concerned, the testing was well worth the entry fee.

Thank you Meredith's for doing this. It goes beyond what many would do, and it's greatly appreciated.
  • #27 by reubenray on 09 Apr 2018
  • I tried to watch the YouTube of the drawing, but it has been deleted.  Is it gone forever?
  • #28 by Bentley on 09 Apr 2018
  • I just figured once a few had seen it could be deleted.  It was like 24 seconds and I had no idea any one would care, sorry!
  • #29 by MP09 on 09 Apr 2018
  • All I can say is another success of many to come!
  • #30 by Bentley on 10 Apr 2018
  • Fair enough, we will leave it!  Looking forward to your cooks on it.  As Kristin said, you have your fellow Members to thank for it!

Please do not delete the thread where you was doing the testing.
Pages:
Actions