Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by yorkdude on 09 Apr 2018
  • Saw this at Sams,I slowed down to look and was informed that we won’t be needing it. That’s as close as I got to it.
    I told her to look closely it clearly says to “take one”.

• #2 by cookingjnj on 09 Apr 2018
  • Hey, if it clearly says "take one", you gotta follow the rules...... Of course usually the "boss"  rules apply first.  Great looking oven though.
  • #3 by bregent on 09 Apr 2018
  • Looked it up on Sam's website and it says it has a 12" cooking area. Is that right? The picture makes it look much bigger than that.
  • #4 by Th3Batman86 on 09 Apr 2018
  • Looked it up on Sam's website and it says it has a 12" cooking area. Is that right? The picture makes it look much bigger than that.

Probably the space you have left after you build a fire and push it to one side.
  • #5 by yorkdude on 09 Apr 2018
  • I did not measure it but I am sure its bigger than 12”, how much I don’t know. If I had to guess though I would say 16” at least?
    P.S click the link below the picture and it shows correctly, have trouble downloading from phone
    I also failed to get a picture of the side shelves, they are folded down but you can see them in the picture hiding. You can see the red sides of them, the tops were stainless. It also is double wall construction and it feels about an inch to 1 1/2” thick. Not sure if it contains insulation though.
  • #6 by Free Mr. Tony on 09 Apr 2018
  • Nice. Not a Sam's member anymore, but may have to check it out to see if mine has it. Always disappointed in my Costco's grill/smoker options. Pretty boring.
  • #7 by BigDave83 on 09 Apr 2018
  • I could see 12" figuring the take one slip is 3x5 the price sign is probably 6x8, if that is close then yes there is maybe 2" on either side of the sign.
  • #8 by Free Mr. Tony on 15 Apr 2018
  • Checked this out today at Sam's. Definite no go for me. Door opening is too big. Dome is too high, and stainless steel not the best dome material. Felt flimsy overall. Thanks for mentioning though. I enjoyed looking it over.
  • #9 by yorkdude on 15 Apr 2018
  • I also got the BIG no, and I darn sure don’t know what I am looking at. Gwennie said no so I had no choice but to “move along”. Wouldn’t know what I was doing anyway in that regard.
  • #10 by Bentley on 15 Apr 2018
  • Guess would need to see it, but I would be inclined to pay $200 more for this then the Uuni...the fire would be more even I would think, and less work!
  • #11 by LowSlowJoe on 17 Apr 2018
  • I haven't seen one in person yet...  but I'm thinking it looks very interesting...   Price is quite amazing really , if you compare it to anything else that's at all similar.
  • #12 by Free Mr. Tony on 17 Apr 2018
  • Guess would need to see it, but I would be inclined to pay $200 for this then the Uuni...the fire would be more even I would think, and less work!

Yes. If I saw it on closeout for around half price I'd buy it in a second.

I haven't seen one in person yet...  but I'm thinking it looks very interesting...   Price is quite amazing really , if you compare it to anything else that's at all similar.

I think once you put your hands on it, you will probably think the price is less amazing. My one knock on the Blackstone pizza oven always has been it's build. This kind of rattled around like the Blackstone when I was moving it around. Did not feel substantially solid, even though it appears it would be. It's not all bad. The door and outer stainless parts seemed very nice. The red part, and the rest of it seemed pretty flimsy. The oven floor was odd as well. They were like smooth beveled tiles rather than the typical stone material you would see.

There is also an oddly placed grate dead center in the back. I assume it's for ashes, but because of the location it really limits where you could place a pizza. Once the fire is pushed to the side, you have one small quadrant toward the front for the pizza. With the large door opening I could see that cooking location as problematic.
  • #13 by Bentley on 17 Apr 2018
  • Opps, I meant more...It much be deceiving inside as it looks like it would be much easier to get pies in and out of...it must not be very deep.  I am not into 90 second pizza, if it takes 10 minutes who cares, I just want the crust to come out the way I like.  if I can accomplish that with a smaller fire so be it!

Guess would need to see it, but I would be inclined to pay $200 for this then the Uuni...the fire would be more even I would think, and less work!

Yes. If I saw it on closeout for around half price I'd buy it in a second.

• #14 by Bentley on 17 Apr 2018
  • I was assuming those were 12 x 12 tiles, so 36 x 24 inside?  But I cant see a grove in the middle of pit. I guess I am wrong.  Those tiles don't go all the way to the left and right?  No Sams around us, next time someone goes into one that has one, take a tape measure!

• #15 by LowSlowJoe on 17 Apr 2018
  • Odd is on the Sam's club web site, they don't have any way to determine if these are available at a local Sam's club.    I'd love to at least go look at one, but short of driving to Sam's and hoping they have one on display, I don't know where I'd have to go.    I'm pretty sure I would not buy one , without being able to at least see one first.

But then, as far as I know, Sam's has a liberal return policy... so one could probably return it if it really wasn't up to expectations.
Pages:
Actions