Here's How I.... > Cook Everything Else (Pizza, Appetizers, Desserts, etc)

Modified Easy Smoked Mac n Cheese

(1/9) > >>

Bar-B-Lew:
I will start by saying that I have had some better mac n cheese than this, but this is probably a top 5.  It has lots of options as you can add what you want in the mix.  The reason I love this recipe is that you don't have to pre-cook whatever noodles that you use in the recipe, and you don't have to make a separate cheese sauce to mix in with it.

One box of macaroni (or you pasta of preference) with some Chipotle Rub and Bacon Salt (You can skip this step or add any spices you like...still not sure it matters)

Mix in one cup of heavy whipping cream

Mix in milk to cover the macaroni (3-4 cups)

Find two bags of shredded cheese that you think you will like and stir it all up until the cheese and noodles are mixed good and below the liquid as best as you can

Cook in the smoker at 250° for about 2 hours until it is stiff.  I mix it all in a stainless steel 4in deep half pan.  You may be able to use an aluminum pan.

Finished product scooped into serving boat

Mac:
This is definitely one to try. I like to "lazy man" aspect of it. I could pull my brisket, make this, and it would be done at about the same time the brisket is done resting.

Bar-B-Lew:

--- Quote from: Mac on October 01, 2017, 03:42:56 PM ---This is definitely one to try. I like to "lazy man" aspect of it. I could pull my brisket, make this, and it would be done at about the same time the brisket is done resting.

--- End quote ---

I'm a big fan of simple cooks.

Bentley:
I would think you would have to be pretty accurate with the liquid on a cook like this?

Bar-B-Lew:

--- Quote from: Bentley  on October 01, 2017, 04:32:20 PM ---I would think you would have to be pretty accurate with the liquid on a cook like this?

--- End quote ---

not really...just cook until it is firm

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version
Mobile View