Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Easter Turkey  (Read 417 times)

binarym

• Knows what a Pellet Is.
  • If I was to say to you tomorrow.........
Easter Turkey
« on: April 12, 2018, 12:24:16 PM »

Hi All:

My name is Jerry Loiselle and I am from Brockton, Massachusetts. This Easter (18) our gathering was small this year. The bride and I hosted 7 and I smoked a 13 3/4 lb turkey. My pic is of the bird in my Davy Crockett. This was about 1/2 hour in at about 250'. Sorry I didn't think to get a pic of the finished result. Needless to say, I am now on the hook to host and smoke/cook the turkey every year going forward. I used Pappy's #810545 seasoning and covered the bird inside and out. I also squirted a mixture of honey, Bull's-eye Carolina barbecue sauce, and a few good dashes of Frank's red hot, this mixture has been my go to sauce for ribs and other items but I only splashed the inside of the cavity. The bird was not stuffed. I started the bird out at about 250' for about 1 1/2 hours and then set it to 300' until the probe read 170'. Yes the bird is wrapped in bacon. Our family has been doing that for as long as I can remember and it adds flavor and moisture. Total cook/smoke time was about 4 1/2 hours. Oh and I attached a pic of the pellets I use. I got them off of Amazon at a $1 a pound. So a few questions?

Any suggestions on how to cook more turkey as my Davy won't hold much more than what I put in for Easter 13 3/4 lb?

Is a $1 a pound for pellets an ok price?

Anyone else use this brand?

Love my GMG Davy Crockett. I have had it since June 2017 and I have done Ribs, Beer Can Chicken, Beef Brisket, Ham, and now Turkey. This is my first post. Hope to keep learning and sharing.
 [ Invalid Attachment ]
 [ Invalid Attachment ]
Pages: [1]   Go Up