Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by outlawsx6 on 12 Apr 2018
  • I posted this on another site as well, forgive me if it seems redundant. I've done four cooks on my 24SE, and surprised on the amount of smoke leak out of the lid. Especially around the top part. Full disclosure all four meals turned out excellent. I understand about positive pressure and air/smoke needing to go somewhere, it's just that there's more coming out the lid top than the smokestack. I measured 3/16th overlap at the top, 3/4 on each side, and 1 1/4 on the bottom(will try and get some pics). 3/16th plus the 1/8th gap from the barrel is a big space. Is this a normal overlap for the top of my lid? All Camp Chefs?
  • #2 by Bobitis on 12 Apr 2018
  • Did you contact the manufacturer? Those numbers sound pretty skimpy to me, but not enough to cause more blowby than the stack.

Sounds goofy to me.
  • #3 by outlawsx6 on 12 Apr 2018
  • I have not, yet. Thought I'd get a feel from the community first.
  • #4 by Bentley on 12 Apr 2018
  • Let it go and have the below quote be your Mantra! 

There is smoke in the chamber, if it is leaking out of places, that should just reinforce it is there!  Your cooks have proven it does not matter if it is normal overlap or not!

I guess us ole tymers just need to keep driving that home...Don't chase the golden ring like I did with temperatures if it is working!

...all four meals turned out excellent.
  • #5 by Canadian John on 13 Apr 2018

•  I agree that "leaking smoke" isn't an issue from a cooking standpoint. Yes the cooking chamber is slightly pressurized and the high pressure seeks the path of least resistance. However, the lid leak will more than likely lead to staining. That may or not be a

reason to be concerned . If you are a clean freak - yes it will.

Can't say the lid to body gap is "normal" for a 24SE.
Pages:
Actions