Pages:
Actions
  • #16 by Bobitis on 15 Apr 2018
  • Gorebal warming at its finest.  ::)

Nuttin but rain here in the PNW. Much like any other 9 months of the year...
  • #17 by Ross77 on 15 Apr 2018
  • Day 2.
  • #18 by Bar-B-Lew on 15 Apr 2018
  • Just lots of rain down here in MS on my visit.  Hopefully, all that stuff is gone before I fly back to Chicago on Monday and back home to PA on Thursday.
  • #19 by Bentley on 15 Apr 2018
  • For you all that have lived there a long time...So how unusual for this much this time of year?  Once every 25 years, 10, 5?
  • #20 by Ross77 on 15 Apr 2018
  • It’s rare. In 1984 we had a big storm. Big enough that it ripped a hole in the Metrodome.

They are calling this one historic.
  • #21 by Bentley on 15 Apr 2018
  • Was that...that long ago, I remember it, did not think it was that long ago!
  • #22 by silverbullet on 15 Apr 2018
  • Yesterday morning I had so much heavy snow on the cover of the hot tub I was surprised it didn't collapse. Never seen so much! Not so bad today but still snowing & will continue for another 15 hrs. Looking at 30 inches or more. They even cancelled Church here in Central Wisconsin! Can't ever remember the last time that happened.
    I even ran my small Honda Generator just in case I needed it. It would at least run my Pellet stove & the TV!  :D

High on top my gratitude list today is a good working snowblower & A hot tub cover that didn't collapse
  • #23 by jstrand on 15 Apr 2018
  • Was that...that long ago, I remember it, did not think it was that long ago!

You're probably thinking about 2010 when it collapsed and what caught on camera. It has actually deflated 4 or 5 times. But the 1983 was in April and from snow.
  • #24 by ZCZ on 15 Apr 2018
  • Yesterday morning I had so much heavy snow on the cover of the hot tub I was surprised it didn't collapse. Never seen so much! Not so bad today but still snowing & will continue for another 15 hrs. Looking at 30 inches or more. They even cancelled Church here in Central Wisconsin! Can't ever remember the last time that happened.
    I even ran my small Honda Generator just in case I needed it. It would at least run my Pellet stove & the TV!  :D

High on top my gratitude list today is a good working snowblower & A hot tub cover that didn't collapse

You are getting it WAY WORSE than we got. Keep us posted.

Link to snowfall totals here in MN

https://www.weather.gov/mpx/snowfall
  • #25 by Bobitis on 15 Apr 2018
  • In my 61+ years here in the Puget Sound region, the latest snow I can recall was a long time ago (decades) when it snowed on Moms B-day. April 23'd. We are currently at 120% (and climbing) of the average snowpack for the year. Yet, our city/county/state 'leaders' want to tax us to eliminate climate change.

I'm curious if all the folks in Mini Soda would benefit if the folks in WA sent them $1.00 each. Would that help yer conditions? Or just buy half a dozen pencils to write on yer calendar about the weather...

• #26 by pmillen on 15 Apr 2018
  • Omaha—three inches or so thru' the night.  Wind still blowing hard.  It's December 115th!

Actually, the theory is that global warming is putting more moisture in the atmosphere, it moves around and falls as snow or rain.  Remember that Dennis Quaid Ice Age movie, The Day After Tomorrow?  It was based on a global warming book, The Coming Global Superstorm, by Whitley Streiber and Art Bell.  The premise is that greenhouse gases, like carbon dioxide and methane, are to blame for heating the Earth's surface and compensating cooling must occur in the upper atmosphere.
  • #27 by Bentley on 15 Apr 2018
  • Yes, the North Atlantic sea had increased by like 5°, which would be major and that in turn I believe make the super cells that blanketed the globe...
  • #28 by Gringo on 15 Apr 2018
  • Yeah, Mother Nature has been pounding us.  Here is my Memphis Pro on the deck.  And it's STILL snowing here....in APRIL!
  • #29 by Bobitis on 15 Apr 2018
  • Omaha—three inches or so thru' the night.  Wind still blowing hard.  It's December 115th!

Actually, the theory is that global warming is putting more moisture in the atmosphere, it moves around and falls as snow or rain.  Remember that Dennis Quaid Ice Age movie, The Day After Tomorrow?  It was based on a global warming book, The Coming Global Superstorm, by Whitley Streiber and Art Bell.  The premise is that greenhouse gases, like carbon dioxide and methane, are to blame for heating the Earth's surface and compensating cooling must occur in the upper atmosphere.

Art Bell?  :rotf:

Love that movie. Thing is... never mind.  I jacked this enough already. Sorry.
  • #30 by ZCZ on 15 Apr 2018

“Theory” being the operative word.  They fail to take into account sun cycles. And until they are able to get China and India to cut back their efforts mean nothing.
Pages:
Actions