Pages:
Actions
  • #16 by jstrand on 18 Apr 2018
  • Don't really clean mine. Start the grill and if there's chunks give them a quick brush after it warms up. Other than that i don't really care.
  • #17 by Michael_NW on 19 Apr 2018
  • Holy cow . . . is this the same discussion we had with the frog mats??? You mean I'm supposed to clean these, too???
  • #18 by BC Buck on 19 Apr 2018
  • Define clean...

Im talking about loose and gummy BBQ sauce on top of racks.
  • #19 by okie smokie on 19 Apr 2018
  • Define clean...
    To me clean means when I rub a paper towel over it, I do not feel any resistance or rough friction, and do not get any black stain on the towel.  That is the stuff that is perceived as bad to ingest. If the surfaces are darkened a little that is ok with me.  I do not care about what hangs underneath, but once in a while, like to get it off, as it certainly does not add anything good for the cook.  Kinda like--when you see an unwashed, odorous looking hippie working as the regular cook in your favorite restaurant, it makes you a little less likely to eat there again.  And if you are in the bathroom and he comes out of a stall and just rinses his hands with water or does nothing, that would do it for me ( and I have seen that before).  Dirty grates do not make better Q.  No reason NOT to clean your grates; if so convince me.   :2cents:
  • #20 by jstrand on 19 Apr 2018
  • I don't want to convince you not to clean your grates. If you like clean grates, good. I just don't care to clean mine that good. I don't think clean grates add or take away anything to the cook, just as I don't think my somewhat dirty grates add or take away anything from the cook.
    To each their own.
  • #21 by dclord on 19 Apr 2018
  • I pretty much just turn on the grill and throw food on once it's hot. Occasionally I'll brush them but not frequently.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

• #22 by Bentley on 19 Apr 2018
  • Brush or Scrape at end and beginning of each cook when grill is hot!

Define clean...

Im talking about loose and gummy BBQ sauce on top of racks.
  • #23 by Th3Batman86 on 19 Apr 2018
  • Brush a little with plastic brush, I have one of those wooden paddles to take off the big sticky pieces. I also got in the habit (from using my blackstone) of just wiping with a damp towel after a hot cook. I bought a back of the white terry cloth towels from Costco for this purpose (and other general cleanup) because my wife didn't want me cooking and wiping up with the "good towels". I think there are 50 or something of them in there. I use them for everything. Then I just throw in the wash with some bleach and they are good to go. I don't care if they stain or anything and if they get all ratty, another pack from Costco is no big deal. I love them.
  • #24 by Goosehunter51 on 19 Apr 2018
  • I don’t.
  • #25 by glitchy on 20 Apr 2018
  • Memphis Genie multi tool  8)
Pages:
Actions