Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by Bentley on 19 Apr 2018
  • It has been brought to my attention by a fellow Member that the Smoke by ThermoWorks is on sale and if you use this link the site gets a % of the sale to run this site.

Pellet Fan link to Smoke by Thermoworks
  • #2 by aarondo on 19 Apr 2018
  • Thanks, Bently I just ordered one using your link!
  • #3 by Bentley on 19 Apr 2018
  • No, thank you.
  • #4 by Bobitis on 19 Apr 2018
  • I'm curious if anyone has one of these. The add says the operating temp is 32-122 degrees F. Do they not werk if it's below freezing?
  • #5 by Bentley on 19 Apr 2018
  • Check out the Member Review section...Bar-B-Lew did an excellent product review of it!

https://pelletfan.com/index.php?topic=433.0
  • #6 by Goosehunter51 on 19 Apr 2018
  • I love my Smoke, also purchased using the Pelletfan link.  Great product.
  • #7 by Jon515 on 19 Apr 2018
  • I love mine, I purchased before this was available.  I added the smoke gateway to connect to my phone or ipad.  I had my original unit fail and customer service shipped me a new one really quickly. 

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • #8 by Dave R. on 20 Apr 2018
  • I'm curious if anyone has one of these. The add says the operating temp is 32-122 degrees F. Do they not werk if it's below freezing?

I have one but have not used when that cold or hot for that matter. I suggest giving Thermoworks a call 1-800-393-6434 and see what they can tell you. Like most things there has got to be some kind of work around. Bottom line is even if they don't perform outside those temps is it that cold year around where you are? IMHO they are worth every penny. Imagine messing up a $100.00+ standing rib roast because you didn't monitor temperatures well enough. Pretty cheap insurance on those expensive cuts of meat. Hope this helps.
  • #9 by Bar-B-Lew on 20 Apr 2018
  • I've had a Maverick, and it is not even close to the quality and ease of use of the Smoke.  My only complaint was the length of the cord on the probes, and they resolved that with making an extension that I recommended to them.  BTW, they do have the probes on sale now too.  Get some extras for different cuts of meat or for multiple grate temp readings.
  • #10 by jstrand on 20 Apr 2018

I didn't pay attention to the temp but i can say for sure that I've used it when i was well below freezing. No problems.
  • #11 by Bar-B-Lew on 23 Apr 2018
  • Sale ends today
  • #12 by Bobitis on 27 Apr 2018
  • I purchased 2 for the 'cause'.

I've not used it yet, but the 'in house' reads the same as my weather gadget which is pretty accurate. This thing puts my Maverick to shame. Everything about it is years beyond the Mav. 

The other will be given away in the future to a lucky Pellet Fan member.
  • #13 by Bar-B-Lew on 27 Apr 2018
  • This thing puts my Maverick to shame. Everything about it is years beyond the Mav.

Same thought I had when I first took it out of the box and it synched effortlessly.
  • #14 by Bob The Smoker on 27 Apr 2018
  • I got two that were "Open Box". From what it looked like is that all they did was put an "Open Box" label on it.
    I have a few old Mavericks that will go in my e-waste box. I see no need to get the WiFi thingy.
  • #15 by Bar-B-Lew on 27 Apr 2018
  • I got two that were "Open Box". From what it looked like is that all they did was put an "Open Box" label on it.
    I have a few old Mavericks that will go in my e-waste box. I see no need to get the WiFi thingy.

A nice benefit of the wifi gateway is to be able to graph temps of your cooks.  Other than that, I am not sure what I will use it for.
Pages:
Actions