Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by Gringo on 03 Sep 2017
  • Some friends asked me to cook brisket for a party they're throwing next weekend.  Don't have an exact count yet, but they're expecting about 40 people.  Took a trip to Costco yesterday.  I'm hoping these with both fit on the pro! 

[ Invalid Attachment ]

In his words, he has "grill envy" of the Pro and wants to learn how to cook brisket.  So, I'm gonna try to show him, and teach him that the Pro is not a "grill!"   :)

I'm thinking that there might be a new Memphis purchase in his future!
  • #2 by Quadman750 on 03 Sep 2017
  • When he sees how easy it is (no tending to a fire) he will be hooked. What process are you going to show him, wrapped, unwrapped, injected.
  • #3 by Kristin Meredith on 03 Sep 2017
  • Have him sign up for PF and ask questions and review the posts here.  Lots of good info.
  • #4 by Gringo on 03 Sep 2017
  • I will definitely tell him about PF.  He's not too into computers, but I'll see what I can do.

I will definitely inject. I usually mix some beef broth with some rub mixed in.

I have done both wrapped and unwrapped.  Haven't decided which approach for this time.  I'm still waiting to hear the time when they want to eat on Saturday so that I can figure out my timing (they're in Europe right now).
  • #5 by Gringo on 10 Sep 2017
  • So, the party went off without a hitch.  There ended up being only 30 people there and not a single scrap of brisket was left at the end.

I was too busy during the process to remember to take pics.  The only thing I remembered to get a pic of was the burnt ends.

He just got done spending a bunch of money on updates to his home, including a new patio, so he's not going to run out and buy one now,  but I think next spring there could be a new Memphis Pro sitting on that new patio!

I also told him about this site.  I know he'll be checking it out. We'll have to see if he joins.

Anyway,  here's the burnt ends.

[ Invalid Attachment ]
  • #6 by ZCZ on 10 Sep 2017
  • Awesome!
    Z
  • #7 by Quadman750 on 11 Sep 2017
  • Looks darn good. :lick:
  • #8 by Lothar1974 on 15 Sep 2017
  • Looks good, been a while since I have done a brisket, think I may need to go shopping!
  • #9 by Bar-B-Lew on 15 Sep 2017
  • Looks good, been a while since I have done a brisket, think I may need to go shopping!

I was thinking the same thing, but it will have to wait until October for me.
  • #10 by ZCZ on 15 Sep 2017

I was thinking the same thing, but it will have to wait until October for me.

Ditto - my next project is to make Pastrami from a brisket to go with my homemade Sauerkraut to go together with my homemade Rye Bread for my homemade Reuben.  The pastrami and Rye bread would be done on my Pro.
    Stay tuned.  Coming soon to a Memphis thread near you.
    Z
  • #11 by Bentley on 15 Sep 2017
  • Don't forget to get it soon enough to Wet Age!
Pages:
Actions