Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Coming Soon........  (Read 458 times)

Kristin Meredith

• Administrator
  • You are starting to smell like smoke.
Coming Soon........
« on: September 03, 2017, 09:43:10 AM »

We will be putting up a PF Performance Test section in the near future.  Bent has a thermometer monitoring system  on order as well as his meat tenderizer.  There may be some other "gadgets" he is testing -- not sure if he wants a name posted or not yet, will let him decide.

And, we have a manufacturer who will be sending a pit in a few weeks (we need to get back from the Alabama-Fresno State game first).  I am not going to say who or what pit yet -- I will allow the anticipation to build!!!  :pig:

If there are gadgets or items you want tested/demonstrated, post here.  I can't promise we can do everything, especially if it is an expensive item, but we may be able to test more than we even think!!!  Thanks for any ideas or suggestions.

Quadman750

• Thinkin about Renouncing Charcoal.
  • North of the border
Re: Coming Soon........
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2017, 09:46:28 AM »

That is great, I knew it was just a matter of time. This sort of thing is what brings a lot of new people to the site.
Memphis Elite Memphis Pro Vision Kamodo Weber Performer Deluxe

Free Mr. Tony

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
  • Fort Wayne, Indiana
Re: Coming Soon........
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2017, 10:26:22 AM »

Based on Larry's old methods and Bentley seeming to be pretty much the same mindset on this issue  I doubt you guys agree with me on this, but I will throw it out there just in case.

I would personally like to see a little more personality in the tests, making them kind of like a test/review combo. I realize that alot of the point is just data collection, but to a certain extent with today's technology it's become boring (although I agree on bringing in new people this way). Most of the tests will look alot alike.

I would like the hardcore data, followed up with a personal assessment. What I liked. What I didn't. Does it seem built solid, or this may have issues down the road with so and so. Since both of you would have hands and eyes on the product you could even do a "he says" "she says" sort of comparing notes on different units. Obviously, there are ramifications to saying bad things about products, so I'm not saying crush something. Tell all the things that are good, and then a few things that could be improved. I don't see anything wrong with expressing someones personal opinion on something that they put together with their own hands, spend hours learning the intricacies of the product, and more hours cooking on the same product. If we can't have your personal experience after that, when can we.

With all the skepticism on objectivity on the internet (and rightfully so in many cases), why try to be? Throw some sizzle into it, so it doesn't just seem like such a sterile exercise. I'm not asking for a Billy Mays infomercial, but since you are spending hours doing it have some fun with it.

Just something to take into consideration.
Pages: [1]   Go Up