Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: In Memoriam -- Larry Hill  (Read 697 times)

Kristin Meredith

• Administrator
  • You are starting to smell like smoke.
In Memoriam -- Larry Hill
« on: April 29, 2018, 08:56:54 AM »

"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal.  Love leaves a memory no one can steal."

It was a year ago today our dear friend Larry Hill passed from this earth.   He was the founder of Pelletheads.com and a passionate lover and promoter of all things pellet.  I know some of you on this forum knew him personally and some knew from your interactions on Pelletheads.com.  He was taken at a relatively young age and is sorely missed by us.  He was a gentle man, a fun person, had a dry sense of humor, and was a very friendly soul.

So, in memory, we are having Larry's Friday Night Burgers (he always cooked them on Friday nights at competitions and shared generously with anyone in the area!)today.  We are also having fish sticks and tater tots cooked on the Memphis Pro, two of Larry's favorites (I kid you not!).  If you feel like meatloaf and mashed potatoes, that was another of Larry's favorites and I know his spirit will be beside you enjoying your enjoyment of your meal!!!

So if you can, cook something on your pit today and share it here.  If you have a photo or fond memory of Larry, please, also share it here. His memory lives on with those who loved him.

Canadian John

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
  • HAPPY COOKING, Canadian John
Re: In Memoriam -- Larry Hill
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2018, 09:14:15 AM »

Well said Kristin! I only wish I could have met Larry...  Yes indeed I will be cooking in his memory today..May the BBQ Gods be with us all.

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • You don't Drink the Kool-aid anymore.
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2018, 10:13:35 AM »

Wow...seems like just yesterday at times and at others it seems like it was 5 years ago.  Thanks for keeping his memory alive with this forum.
MAK 2*, Memphis Elite, Traeger XL, Blaz'n Grand Slam, Pit Boss Copperhead 5, Weber Genesis II 435 SS, Sizzle Q SQ180

Bentley

• Administrator
  • Your at the point in life...one pit is enough...
  • Mayberry
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2018, 11:42:59 AM »

He was a friend!

« Last Edit: April 29, 2018, 11:46:32 AM by Bentley »
"‘One who puts on his armor should not boast like one who takes it off.’”
Pages: [1]   Go Up