Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 2018 NFL Draft  (Read 717 times)

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • You don't Drink the Kool-aid anymore.
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
2018 NFL Draft
« on: April 26, 2018, 10:50:29 PM »

Local kid picked #2 by NY Giants.  Still waiting on Steelers pick.

Anyone else follow the NFL Draft?

What do you think of your team's 1st round pick?
MAK 2*, Memphis Elite, Traeger XL, Blaz'n Grand Slam, Pit Boss Copperhead 5, Weber Genesis II 435 SS, Sizzle Q SQ180

urnmor

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
Re: 2018 NFL Draft
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2018, 07:45:15 AM »

Nope the NFL lost me last year >:(

Kristin Meredith

• Administrator
  • You are starting to smell like smoke.
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2018, 08:17:50 AM »

Don't really follow the NFL and only mildly interested in the draft because of my interest in college football.  Might be interesting to see what happens with Mayfield and Cleveland.  Not sure the kid has the maturity to lead a pro team, but Cleveland sure needs something, so maybe he is their Hail Mary which will be caught.

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2018, 08:47:07 AM »

Don't really follow the NFL and only mildly interested in the draft because of my interest in college football.  Might be interesting to see what happens with Mayfield and Cleveland.  Not sure the kid has the maturity to lead a pro team, but Cleveland sure needs something, so maybe he is their Hail Mary which will be caught.

I was hoping one of the LB from Alabama were available for the Steelers to pick, but they were gone before then.
MAK 2*, Memphis Elite, Traeger XL, Blaz'n Grand Slam, Pit Boss Copperhead 5, Weber Genesis II 435 SS, Sizzle Q SQ180

Ckoss

• Using less gas.
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2018, 09:28:04 AM »

Interesting first round. Kind of shocked (shouldn't be) with what Cleveland did, especially at #4. I was hoping Barkley would slip to #10 (Raiders fan). Though I was pleased with what we did, trade down, fill a need and get Bryant from the Steelers.
YS640 Competition, Primo Oval XL, Blackstone 28, Backwoods Fatboy, Weber E310, Chargriller Akorn, Pitboss 700Fb  "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." ~ Abraham Lincoln

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2018, 09:35:35 AM »

Interesting first round. Kind of shocked (shouldn't be) with what Cleveland did, especially at #4. I was hoping Barkley would slip to #10 (Raiders fan). Though I was pleased with what we did, trade down, fill a need and get Bryant from the Steelers.

Not sure how I feel about the Bryant trade.  We are going to miss him this year, but a 3rd round pick is better than nothing in exchange which is what we would probably have received after he walked after this season.  He will help the Raiders if he keeps his lungs clean.

Ckoss

• Using less gas.
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2018, 10:56:41 AM »

Agreed, he has high upside but needs to get his head right. JuJu kind of took his role in Pitt, so you're not out a lot. I just hope maybe a change of scenery helps him realize his potential.
YS640 Competition, Primo Oval XL, Blackstone 28, Backwoods Fatboy, Weber E310, Chargriller Akorn, Pitboss 700Fb  "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." ~ Abraham Lincoln

okie smokie

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
  • Live fast, die young, have a good looking corpse.
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2018, 11:14:53 AM »

All depends on how well they protect him.  Sam Bradford was the best but played on teams that could not protect him. Just ruined his physical health. Nice kid but soon will be gone.
I think Baker is NOT like Manziel at all.  Mayfield made his immature mistakes in college and paid the price.  IF the Browns take care of him, he will take care of them..stay tuned. Bret Favre, move over. ? :clap:

Bobitis

• Thinkin about Renouncing Charcoal.
  • Contrary to popular belief, bacon is a vegetable
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2018, 12:14:08 PM »

Not interested in the least. Being a Seahawk follower, I never watched a single game last year. Way too much drama on and off the field.
They sacked most of the vets and are 'rebuilding'? Not sure how that werks, as the Pats seem to have a proven record over the last how many years...

College ball for me. Football, softball, bow balls...

I'd rather support college student athletes than pro thugs (not that they all are).

:2cents:
How can you have any pudding if you don't eat yer meat?

Th3Batman86

• Digging the Pellet Smoke.
  • I love Pellet Grills - Abraham Lincoln (Probably)
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2018, 01:32:06 PM »

Nope the NFL lost me last year >:(

Ditto, I only passingly watched the superbowl and did not watch any regular season or playoff game. I don't want politics anywhere near my football. They had already  been on loose footing with me after not punishing players who deserve punishment. But once it got political I was done. I can fill my time with other things.
LoneStar Grillz 42”, Blackstone Griddle, Pit Barrel Cooker, Meadow Creek TS250, Weber Summit Kamado, Gozney Dome,

Craig in Indy

• Using less gas.
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2018, 12:29:53 PM »

I'm extremely happy with the Colts' pick. If they ever expect to get anything close to Andrew Luck's potential out of (or what's left of it), the the importance of the O-line can't be overstated. And this kid from ND looks like the complete package. Plus he gets to stay in Indiana.
Pages: [1]   Go Up