Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by urnmor on 01 May 2018
  • I got to tell you I do not mind cooking in the cold, rain, sleet, snow or heat however I do not like to cook outside when the pollen is high and the wind is blowing. 
  • #2 by GREG-B on 01 May 2018
  • I'm with ya on the wind factor.   Spent my whole working career in xxxxxx weather.   Now I draw the line on wind and outdoor activities. I will grill/smoke in rain, sleet, snow because I have a bbq shack and I stay dry as long as the wind isn't blowing.  When you live in the PNW rain is a way of life in the winter.
  • #3 by Fire708 on 01 May 2018
  • The pollen was horrible in western wa this year, it normally doesn’t bug me. Rain, eh, it’s washington, We don’t tan we rust.
    But the wind! Have to totally agree with you there. Don’t like cooking when it’s wi day.
  • #4 by Darwin on 01 May 2018
  • April is usually windy in the southwest, and this year was no exception.  I have been popping benadryl for two months.  The good part is that I am picking fresh tomatoes and chillies.   :cool:
  • #5 by Dave R. on 12 May 2018
  • We currently live just South of our friends in Washington state and trust me the crud weather does cross the mighty Columbia with a purpose. Been dealing with it long enough that we have had our fill and plan on heading East to warmer and drier conditions soon. The house goes on the market by the end of the month. We are lucky however in that we have a covered deck area to shelter from the conditions but still it has started to hamper our life style in other ways now that retirement is upon us. Wind is probably the biggest enemy for outdoor cooking since the deck is covered.
  • #6 by hughver on 12 May 2018
  • Been dealing with it long enough that we have had our fill

Those were exactly our sentiments when we left the Seattle area in 2011 and moved to Arizona.
  • #7 by Bentley on 12 May 2018
  • Kristin has to deal with it.  Has never effected me, for a person that has not taken care of their body almost daily since he was 16, I am one of the least bothered by bodily dilemma people I know!
  • #8 by dclord on 12 May 2018
  • Living in the San Diego area, we can cook outside almost all the time. I'm not crazy about cooking in the rain though. My last house had a large covered patio which solved that problem, but I don't have that here.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Pages:
Actions