Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New App?  (Read 605 times)

Spartan Smoker

• Using less gas.
New App?
« on: May 01, 2018, 10:12:55 PM »

Any reviews out there? 

I am not a huge fan.  THe video makes it look pretty cool.  But, the only real value i see so far is telling me the set and actual temps without going outside.

Tracking the smoker temps isn't great.  Too small and isn't based on time of the day but minutes the smoker is on.  Not sure how guys are using it.  My meat probes didn't seem to catch right either?

Then the timers/etc. User Interface is cut off on the iPhone.  Virtually impossible to use. 

My initial reaction was it is a miss for RecTec.  Should of spent a little more $$$ on the R&D on it.  I understand some super amazing features not working in the first release, but it is not very functional on basic stuff so far. 

Any other views? 
RecTec RT-700 with Cold Smoking Box

Ross77

• Thinkin about Renouncing Charcoal.
Re: New App?
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2018, 10:39:55 PM »

If you're on FB check out the Rectec Owners of America group.  Quite a bit of feedback there.  Some like it, some don't although they are a bit biased in that group....  There is definitely an issue with the meat probe accuracy. 

The good thing is the app can be updated.  Hopefully they're working on a fix soon. 
Rec Tec RT-680 Char-Broil Patio Bistro  MES: Sold WSM: Sold

BigDave83

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
  • South West PA
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2018, 06:50:33 AM »

there are no issues with anything Rec Tec in that group, if you do have an issue and ask they kick you out. Heck there is a Banned from the Rec Tec owners of America page also.

I don't know if it is different now, but when it first came out, Rec Tec copied the Treager App because everything lead you to Treager stuff.

Ross77

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2018, 10:50:31 AM »

Anybody see this when they open the app?
Rec Tec RT-680 Char-Broil Patio Bistro  MES: Sold WSM: Sold

Ralphie

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2018, 11:37:28 AM »

^^^  Yes.  I just downloaded the app to check what you posted.  I got the same thing. 
Rec Tec Stampede RT-590  40 going on 13
Pages: [1]   Go Up