Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by CaptJerry on 05 May 2018
  • You start getting excited seeing different types of birds.  ???
    This has been a very weird spring. I live in the woods in the Ozarks.
    This year we've had quite the variety I, and most others have never seen in this area.

Orioles, never seen one before. My buddies widow, my wife and I are close with, loves birds and has feeders.
    She called excited about Orioles at her Hummingbird feeders. We went over for dinner that night and sure enough
    Here's a couple Orioles taking up residency at the Hummingbird feeders.
    Within two days, she had eight.

While there we saw a really pretty bird, I had never seen before either. She gets her book out and it's a Rose Breasted Grosbeak.

Couple days ago I'm at Walmart, I figure what the heck, and buy a Hummingbird feeder. 24 hrs later, Orioles and Hummingbirds at the feeder.

I tell my good friend about this who likes birds and also lives in the woods. He says he's never seen an Oriole in these parts.
    He's on the road for business and calls me yesterday afternoon laughing. Says his wife calls and says, "you'll never guess what bird I just saw here?" He says, "an Oriole". Blows her mind and she says, "but you'll never guess where?" He says, "Hummingbird feeder."
    Now she's completely mind blown and wants to know how he knows this. He says, Jerry told me it happened to him and Rita.

The hardest part for her to believe was I put up a feeder  :)

I am now officially OLD!
  • #2 by hughver on 05 May 2018
  • While I enjoy birds and wild life in general, seeing them is not in the top ten signs that I'm getting old, there two that come to mind.
  • #3 by urnmor on 06 May 2018
  • I hate to say it but you are all wrong.  You are old when your 4 year old Granddaughter looks at you and "Pop Pop you are really old looking or your are in a restaurant and she says to you with a straight face everyone in here are old except me" :)
  • #4 by riverrat49 on 06 May 2018
  • You know your old when.... Your Oldies Radio Station no longer plays music from your favorite decade  :rotf:
  • #5 by Dave R. on 06 May 2018
  • I think I recall when I thought I was getting old but I forgot when that was.
  • #6 by Canadian John on 06 May 2018

• All the above so true - I fit the bill.... Or as my mother would say," Old is a State of Mind ".
  • #7 by hughver on 06 May 2018
  • Two things that you need to keep in mind when contemplating getting old, think of all the mistakes that you've made during your life that you won't have to do over again and more importantly, it sure beats the other option.  :clap:
  • #8 by urnmor on 06 May 2018
  • One more comment about growing old it is from my Mother who lived to be 92.  "Growing old isn't for the weak of heat or mind". :cool:
  • #9 by silverbullet on 06 May 2018
  • One more comment about growing old it is from my Mother who lived to be 92.  "Growing old isn't for the weak of heat or mind". :cool:

Friend of mine, Old Doc, "Gettin old ain't for sissies"! Live to 93.
  • #10 by Bob The Smoker on 07 May 2018
  • You know you re old when you go to the grocery store and you notice the music they are playing in pretty good now.
  • #11 by Canadian John on 07 May 2018

• Or, while visiting an antique store, the surroundings don't look old at all.
Pages:
Actions