Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by Son of Earle on 06 May 2018
  • Showing what two AMAZEN tube smokers look like in the old DB. 

This is when the grill fans are off.

This is when the grill fans are on.

• #2 by pmillen on 06 May 2018
  • Is that the volume and smoke color you're looking for?
  • #3 by Bar-B-Lew on 06 May 2018
  • as they said in the movie weird science

that will taste like a greasy sandwich served in a dirty ash tray
  • #4 by Son of Earle on 06 May 2018

Not necessarily.  Just looking for more smoke flavor. 

as they said in the movie weird science

I personally haven't tasted what you are describing by smoking this way.  Just trying to compare the methods of cooking with enhanced Amazen smoke versus without.  There really is not much difference between the to in my opinion.  Cooking at lower temps in the beginning for longer periods of time is just as good or better than with the Amazen.  When I do not have the time for low, and slow I smoke hot, and fast with the Amazen. 
  • #5 by pmillen on 06 May 2018

Not necessarily.  Just looking for more smoke flavor. 

I get it.  I was just wondering if you were successful in your search.

Tastes vary.  I have friends who like strong smoke taste that makes me think of creosote.  When I eat their food I burp smoke.  They think my smoked product is weak.
  • #6 by Bar-B-Lew on 06 May 2018

•  I have friends who like strong smoke taste that makes me think of creosote.  When I eat their food I burp smoke. 

I hate that. Unfortunately, I would venture to say that most people who do not have a pellet grill may believe that is how smoke food is supposed to taste.
  • #7 by Ross77 on 07 May 2018
  • That heavy creosote taste is what I would get from my Masterbuilt electric. I’ve used a smoke tube a couple times in my RecTec and while it did add smoke flavor I thought it was bitter.

I go back and forth with various cooks. Sometimes I feel I don’t have enough smoke flavor but everyone else eating the food thinks it’s great.

Then I realized my hair and clothes are covered in smoke flavor which was affecting my ability to taste the smoke....
  • #8 by Ralphie on 07 May 2018
  • as they said in the movie weird science

Chet!
  • #9 by hughver on 07 May 2018
  • I have a plethora  of supplemental smoke generators and I've been using them ever since I started this pellet thing in 2013. As long as I kept the fan(s) running, I've never noticed any undesirable flavor traits due to the generated smoke.  :2cents:
Pages:
Actions