Pages:
Actions
  • #31 by Canadian John on 10 May 2018

•  Don't hold back. We are all waiting with bated breath...
  • #32 by TechMOGogy on 10 May 2018
  • Why did you go thru all that work in priming and painting, when yer just gonna remove it all?

Kinda silly right - technically I wanted to keep it all original (kinda like a car with original paint, engine, etc)
    Best way to do that was to put on a removable coating.
    I don't plan on removing it, it will last at least 5 years (have used it in the past) but the option is there if I or someone else wanted to
    go back to the original Yoder Silver cart - kinda the best of both as I love the Orange!

Don't hold back. We are all waiting with bated breath...

That was just a teaser - it was about to rain so I had to stop and cover it - still a few things to do before it's photo shoot :)
    May be Sat before its completely done :(

Just a comment on the cover for anyone looking for one!
    I looked at the Yoder custom YS640 cover for $175 cdn - the reviews say it is junk and leaks water!!
    I checked a bunch of generic covers but not many I could find that were wide enough.
    Then I checked Costco and purchased the one you see: $55 cdn with 4 yr warranty and 4.8/5 stars with 154 reviews!
    It fits like it is custom made for the Yoder - both shelves installed.
    Really happy with it - black would have been best but for the price and fit - I can live with it.
  • #33 by TLK on 10 May 2018

•  Don't hold back. We are all waiting with bated breath...

+1 ..... it's time for the big reveal! 
  • #34 by TechMOGogy on 10 May 2018
  • Still not fully completed but these should give you an idea of how it’s looking.
    Weather has not been friendly

[ Invalid Attachment ]

[ Invalid Attachment ]

I forgot to install/rewire the AC plug yesterday before I dropped the body back on the cart...now it’s going to be some long arm finagling and perhps will need to jack it up.
    Need to finish painting top of pellet hopper and then it’s done and ready for slow burn in.
    Cheers
  • #35 by okie smokie on 10 May 2018
  • Looking good!  We could start a list of those who need refurb of their pits.  You could have that market cornered!.
     :clap: :cool: :clap:
  • #36 by TLK on 11 May 2018
  • not impressed at all  ::)

• #37 by TLK on 11 May 2018
  • ok just kidding!  GREAT Job!  :clap: :clap: :clap:
  • #38 by Kristin Meredith on 11 May 2018
  • Beautiful job, thanks for sharing.
  • #39 by Canadian John on 11 May 2018

• Is this the same grungy pit, or did you post pics of a new one?  I know the answer.. Man that is a first class piece of art..
  • #40 by Bar-B-Lew on 11 May 2018
  • At the end of this thread you should post a side by side of before and after and then have the thread locked
  • #41 by TechMOGogy on 13 May 2018
  • She’s done
    Burn in and test cook tomorrow!
     [ Invalid Attachment ]

[ Invalid Attachment ]

[ Invalid Attachment ]

[ Invalid Attachment ]

[ Invalid Attachment ]

[ Invalid Attachment ]

[ Invalid Attachment ]

[ Invalid Attachment ]

[ Invalid Attachment ]
  • #42 by glitchy on 13 May 2018
  • Absolutely amazing work!
  • #43 by TravlinMan on 13 May 2018
  • Wonderful transformation..  Love the detail and quality work.. Big thumbs up.. :clap:
  • #44 by leppolite on 13 May 2018
  • Incredible work!
  • #45 by okie smokie on 13 May 2018
  • Truly professional (better).  Wishing you many great cooks.  :clap: :cool: :bbq:
Pages:
Actions