Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Pellet Fan Membership  (Read 2495 times)

okie smokie

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
  • Live fast, die young, have a good looking corpse.
Pellet Fan Membership
« on: May 10, 2018, 09:26:13 AM »

How many subscribers do we have now?  Seems like much fewer than before the exodus from PH, and the number of new threads seems small lately. ? ???

Free Mr. Tony

• Fort Wayne, Indiana
Re: Pellet Fan Membership
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2018, 10:05:28 AM »

At the bottom of the home page you can see the stats. It looks like we have 868 members currently. Pelletheads had thousands. Like most forums, there is a small percentage of active users. A small percentage of 868 doesn't translate to alot of activity.

I'm shocked that there is as much as there is at this stage in the game. They also wanted to reign in the off topic posts, which slows things down as well. When it was super active, there was alot of random posts. I think they wanted more relevant posts to the forum's main niche.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2018, 07:31:44 PM by Free Mr. Tony »

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • You don't Drink the Kool-aid anymore.
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2018, 10:17:38 AM »

Up until this week, I had been traveling for work 7 of the 8 prior weeks and had not thoughts about BBQing so my post counts were down.  That will pick up in May and then probably drop when I start to travel again in June/July.  I can't wait until this system implementation is finished.
MAK 2*, Memphis Elite, Traeger XL, Blaz'n Grand Slam, Pit Boss Copperhead 5, Weber Genesis II 435 SS, Sizzle Q SQ180

Canadian John

• HAPPY COOKING, Canadian John
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2018, 10:25:23 AM »

We may be getting close to the saturation point..

Kristin Meredith

• Administrator
  • You are starting to smell like smoke.
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2018, 10:34:57 AM »

All of the above.  When folks have something to share, they seem to share it.  But probably 90% are here just to read or be entertained.  If everyone who is a member posted one topic a month, there would be so much content you probably would have a hard time reading it all.  But most are not contributors.

There are many ways folks can add content -- do a review of a product, gadget, accessory. We have some great ones already that provide a good template.  It also gives members a different perspective.

Do a review of a sauce, marinade or rub.  These should be easy-peasy because it is your taste, not as if you are going into the wide world and having to survey folks.

But always something of a puzzle -- many avenues to share and a very welcoming and appreciative audience, but few participants.

Canadian John

• HAPPY COOKING, Canadian John
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2018, 10:52:10 AM »

Yes Kristin, as with all clubs, organizations etc, there are just a few "regulars" who manage to keep the ball rolling... I am proud to be a member of Pellet Fan and try to help out.. For anyone that hasn't posted, give it a try - we don't bite.

okie smokie

• Live fast, die young, have a good looking corpse.
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2018, 12:26:56 PM »

At the bottom of the home page you can see the stats. It looks like we have 848 members currently. Pelletheads had thousands. Like most forums, there is a small percentage of active users. A small percentage of 868 doesn't translate to alot of activity.

I'm shocked that there is as much as there is at this stage in the game. They also wanted to reign in the off topic posts, which slows things down as well. When it was super active, there was alot of random posts. I think they wanted more relevant posts to the forum's main niche.
Whoops!  I have not looked at the bottom of the Home page in some time.  Forgot.  Sorry for the dumb question. I try to encourage pellet smokers to my friends who grill and tell them about PF.   :-[

Bentley

• Administrator
  • Your at the point in life...one pit is enough...
  • Mayberry
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2018, 03:33:36 PM »

My guess would be between 5-7%.  The site seems to cruise along, most want to read.  As CJ said, at some point saturation takes place and you have seen everything on the site.

I have things like Pmillen's 2 sets of gloves he sent and the Duck Fat spray in a can to review...Plus I have the Camp Chef SX sitting in the shed.  Just have no time right now to get to them.  I am assuming folks want to see a review of something, but again, cant get to the stuff I have.  Soon it will be so hot and muggy I will have more time, and we will get to a few of these things.

Till then, I hope when someone has something to say or post that is relevant to the site they will!  We do try and direct the site in a direction, I don't want it to turn into general BBQ forum as that is not what I am into, but I think we have been fairly lenient on post!

And to be quite frank, some Members chose a path where they do not have access to the site like they used to, so they are not posting.  And that in turn may have upset others and they may have left!  C'est la Vie!

And I think another reason hits are down.  I found out folks were signing up and sending unsolicited PM's to Members and that has been dealt with.

I am happy with the site...so we all know what that means!

Like most forums, there is a small percentage of active users. A small percentage of 868 doesn't translate to alot of activity.
"‘One who puts on his armor should not boast like one who takes it off.’”

GW208

« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2018, 08:16:58 PM »

Is there a minimum number of posts required before you can post pictures? I've tried a couple of times in the past to attach a picture but it wouldn't work so I didn't post.

ZCZ

« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2018, 08:31:49 PM »

Is there a minimum number of posts required before you can post pictures? I've tried a couple of times in the past to attach a picture but it wouldn't work so I didn't post.

Try this thread my friend: https://pelletfan.com/index.php?topic=160.0

I post pictures right off my iPhone. 

Have not posted much lately and have not done much cooking.  Been working lots and pretty tired by the time I get home.
More to come this summer.

Z
2013 Memphis Pro
24th in Ribs at the 2015 American Royal
Titus 3:3-7

Ralphie

• Thinkin about Renouncing Charcoal.
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2018, 08:53:27 AM »

My new Rec Tec Stampede should arrive in a couple weeks or so.  In the months since I ordered it, I've stockpiled meat in my deep freezer and I've studied many of these threads and bookmarked several.  So, by the end of this month I'll have a new pellet grill and a freezer full of meat to discuss. 
I plan on being extremely active in the Rec Tec threads, the "recipe section", "how I cook", and certainly the "Food Related" and picture sections. 
BBQ is a passion of mine so I can't wait to document my upcoming experiences and continue seeking guidance from the group!
Rec Tec Stampede RT-590  40 going on 13

LowSlowJoe

• Thinkin about Renouncing Charcoal.
  • Smoking out of southeastern Michigan
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2018, 02:15:32 PM »

I belong to some facebook groups related to pellet grills... and they seem to have slowed down a bit too.   Not sure if it's because warmer weather has arrived and people are actually out doing things , or what.
Fast Eddy PG500, Traeger Texas, Traeger Junior, Traeger PTG, GMG Davy Crockett

dclord

• Starting to taste the Smoke.
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2018, 06:17:25 PM »

I for one haven't been cooking a lot lately and when I have it's been same old stuff. Hard to find a new take on "Look I cooked another chicken breast."

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

MysticRhythms

• Starting to taste the Smoke.
« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2018, 04:30:21 PM »

I am a generally quite person anyway. In addition to that SWIMBO and I have been on a diet for the past 8 months (seems more like years), so we haven't been having much off of the PG500. A few quick grilling sessions and a couple of cooks of pepper stout beef, so not too much to report for me.
I do come to the site multiple times most days, and I respond to almost all of the polls. I typically don't throw out my .02¢  if it the same point of view that many others have put out there before me. Considering I learned most of smoking skills from all of you it isn't often that I have a unique perspective.
Don't ask me, I'm just improvising. 
PG500

Goosehunter51

• Digging the Pellet Smoke.
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2018, 11:37:31 PM »

I am thinking it is related to the time of the year, change in weather, etc.  I myself have been working longer hours and in my spare time trying to catch fish in the California aqueduct.  Caught a baby striper today.  Love this forum and the people on it, wish I had more to contribute.
Smokin like a two stack MAK come on!  MAK 2 Star General #3053
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up