Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pellet Fan Membership  (Read 2496 times)

glitchy

• Thinkin about Renouncing Charcoal.
Re: Pellet Fan Membership
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2018, 12:42:45 AM »

I think it’s that time of year, especially if you have kids or grandkids. Just this weekend alone had a dance recital, piano recital, two graduation parties, a school party to take daughter to 30 mins away. Plus had to squeeze in church, mowing, and hauling a load to city clean up days. I haven’t used my Memphis for anything longer than a quick grilled burger or chicken breast for close to a month.
MAK 2* General (2021) | KBQ C-60 | Weber Summit Charcoal w/SnS LP, customized Big Joetisserie, Vortex, and Hunsaker Griddle | Weber Genesis II - S345 | Weber Traveler | Fireboard 2 Drive

hughver

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
  • University of Louisiana
« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2018, 01:18:40 AM »

I'm off on my yearly hiatus to the NW where I have no grill. I'll continue to monitor the site and respond if appropriate, but my post will be substantially reduced for the next 3-4 months. I'll be back in the fall.
--Hugh -- Sun Lakes, AZ. Traeger Select W/SS4, BGE-L, Charbroil Inferred Gas, Smokey Mountain Vertical Gas

Bentley

• Administrator
  • Your at the point in life...one pit is enough...
  • Mayberry
« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2018, 12:38:20 PM »

I simply have to much yard and wood cutting chores to do at this time of year!  I have pmillens items to review and that Camp Chef SG sitting in the shed...and I have no idea when I will get to them.  I guess when the RH just becomes to oppressive!

I am surprised the site is as active as it is!
« Last Edit: May 21, 2018, 12:39:51 PM by Bentley »
"‘One who puts on his armor should not boast like one who takes it off.’”

okie smokie

• Live fast, die young, have a good looking corpse.
« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2018, 08:34:08 PM »

I'm off on my yearly hiatus to the NW where I have no grill. I'll continue to monitor the site and respond if appropriate, but my post will be substantially reduced for the next 3-4 months. I'll be back in the fall.
Why not have a portable grill with you? Logistics? No access to pellets?

Canadian John

• HAPPY COOKING, Canadian John
« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2018, 03:14:47 PM »

An other reason for  less members, PF vs PH, maybe the reliability and development of pellet pits. They have come a long way since inception.  Controllers: 3 position, digital with wild temp swings and finally

PID and more refined digital...   Open flame cooking option.... Igniters... More heavy duty construction (most premium pits)... Premium finishes and materials, all led to more trouble free/reliable pits.... 

Some of us remember the early Traegers with all their problems, that for the most part have been resolved, or there is some sort of a fix thanks for those desperate people that wanted something better...The

pits of today are plug and go with the exception of a few.  This has cut down the end user development, where we needed to share our experiences and frustrations with others.

That in my mind that attributes to PF having fewer members than PH... Pellet pits are far more commonplace and accepted now than they were 6 -8 years ago. And that lessens the demand for answers. 

:2cents:

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • You don't Drink the Kool-aid anymore.
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2018, 03:24:22 PM »

PH gets about 5 posts per week nowadays it seems.  Not too far from extinction.
MAK 2*, Memphis Elite, Traeger XL, Blaz'n Grand Slam, Pit Boss Copperhead 5, Weber Genesis II 435 SS, Sizzle Q SQ180

Kristin Meredith

• Administrator
  • You are starting to smell like smoke.
« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2018, 04:28:10 PM »

If anyone has something on PH that they want to save, you may wish to take action in the near future.  Bentley got a message from Host Gator saying that PH was paid through August 18 and not after that.  Since the new owner seems to have disappeared, we don't know if this means PH will disappear after August 18 or not.

GatorDave

• Digging the Pellet Smoke.
« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2018, 04:48:25 PM »

If anyone has something on PH that they want to save, you may wish to take action in the near future.  Bentley got a message from Host Gator saying that PH was paid through August 18 and not after that.  Since the new owner seems to have disappeared, we don't know if this means PH will disappear after August 18 or not.

I wish you guys could get the performance tests that Bentley did off of there.  It would be a nice resource for this site.

Bentley

• Administrator
  • Mayberry
« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2018, 05:00:16 PM »

Virtually all of them were obsolete!  It would be like going to look at a Performance Test of a computer from 2010!  Why?

okie smokie

• Live fast, die young, have a good looking corpse.
« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2018, 06:24:27 PM »

We had 868 members when this thread started 6 weeks ago.  Now we have 945 so that sounds like excellent growth to me.  Pellet grills are catching on in the US and this site provides a place for owners of any brand to learn and share experience.  That sounds like a recipe for success for Pellet Fan.  Active participation on any forum is inconsistent because our lives are inconsistent.  As to the improved reliability of pellet grills being a factor in few posts here I rather doubt that.  Weber grills have been around forever and there's a lively forum for those folks.

As long as folks feel welcome here and are treated with civility then Pellet Fan will flourish.   
That is excellent progress!  I will direct my friends who are interested in pellet grills to this site. Best place to learn "how to". 

Bobitis

• Thinkin about Renouncing Charcoal.
  • Contrary to popular belief, bacon is a vegetable
« Reply #25 on: June 26, 2018, 07:09:12 PM »

1st, why would Bentley get a notice of that?

2nd, I've been checking in over there just to monitor things. I'd be surprised if there's more than a dozen posters there this year. I think I've seen 3 new members added in that time frame. PH can go days without anyone posting, and most newby questions seem to go unanswered. Most on line today is 26 (same as here), but the talk here is well beyond what it is at PH. There's 1 post today, and you have to go back to the 22nd for the next previous post. That's an entire weekend of no posts at all. 1 post in 4 days.

Looks to me like the new owner got in way over his head, and the marketing firm he hired left a lot to be desired. Nothing bodes well for PH in my opinion. It appears to be a sinking ship.

When it's gone for good, I'd expect a flurry of new activity here.

:2cents:
How can you have any pudding if you don't eat yer meat?

Kristin Meredith

• Administrator
  • You are starting to smell like smoke.
« Reply #26 on: June 26, 2018, 08:21:03 PM »

I don't know if Larry put Bent in as a backup contact if he could not be reached.

Bentley

• Administrator
  • Mayberry
« Reply #27 on: June 26, 2018, 09:26:32 PM »

Good question.  I have tried for the last year to be removed, HostGator wont do it since I am not the owner!  The "owner" does not answer his emails, he is long gone anyway.  I get emails every week with member names and passwords, I just use them to log on since the leader of the Hitler Youth banned me several months ago!  I have tried to get away from it for months and no one is home!  It will all be over in a few months, so I guess it is a moot point!

1st, why would Bentley get a notice of that?
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up